Revised to the Sleeve on Tuesday

ckb70
on 4/15/11 1:39 am - Morrisville, PA
I'm so excited about getting a second chance!!!!  I had the crap bad removed on Tuesday and at the same time had the sleeve done.  I was so worried that there would be too much scar tissue and would have to wait a year to have the sleeve done.  Doctor said there was a lot of scar tissue but still was able to make it happen.  Thank God I had a skilled surgeon and was taken great care of in the hospital. 

I do have to be very careful with what I eat and strictly keep to the doctor's menu because of the scar tissue and the thickness of it

I came home with a drain for a week and it was positioned by the area with the scar tissue to help with the healing.

The pain was/is a lot more than recovering from the band surgery.  I'm really trying to sip all day long.  I do not want to go back to the hospital for dehydration.

My boss is great as he is allowing me to work from home all next week!

I guess the pain meds are kicking in I see that I'm rambling

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Holly O.
on 4/15/11 6:28 am - FL
Congratulations!!  Talking about crap bands............mine decided it didn't like my lunch.............so...........the sliming started, then I had to throw it up!!  So tired of this nonsense.  I have to wait until the end of the month after my 2 hour orientation before I can have my 1st consult visit for my revision.  So frustrated with this band, fills, some unfill......tweak here, tweak there!!  So confusing and embarrasing!!  Just ranting.........so glad you had the band removed.....I want mine gone too!!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
ckb70
on 4/15/11 6:33 am - Morrisville, PA
Good luck to you and stay persistent!  I was so tired of all the daily slimming.  Have the fluid removed so the swelling will go down and your surgery will be easier.  It was so nice to be able to eat something and not have to throw it right back up. 

Holly O.
on 4/15/11 6:47 am - FL
When I meet with the dr. the 1st of the month, I will definately have him take the fluid out...........so damn tired of this.  I had this done Nov. 2006...........lost initially 30 lbs. gained it all back plus!!  So, so discouraging.  Then to add insult to injury........I paid cash for that crap band because back in 2006 Tricare Prime didn't cover the lapband, they did cover the RNY..........so wish I would of done that then!!  Live and learn...........much better informed this time around!  -Holly
   Holly                                      
ckb70
on 4/15/11 6:57 am - Morrisville, PA
Good for you and good luck!

Hislady
on 4/15/11 1:30 pm - Vancouver, WA
So happy for anyone that can rid themselves of that vile thing! I finally got mine emptied since revision is out of the question no insurance coverage. Even so just not being strangled everyday is so awesome,I can actually have whole wheat toast with my eggs. So far I don't seem to be overly hungry so hopefully it'll stay that way. Congrats hope all goes better for you now!!!
USAF Wife
on 4/16/11 12:15 am
Congrats ! ! ! The sleeve is the best thing I ever did for myself, and I truly love life in maintenance. Best wishes on your continued recovery!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Holly O.
on 4/16/11 10:26 pm - FL
Thank you so much for your support.  I just wish when I had this lapband done in 2006.......... I wish an orientation would have been available to me.........yu know to discuss each surgery... pro and con's.  My surgeon only did the lapbands...........period.

April 28 I will go into Tampa ........about 40 min. away and they will spend 2 hours going over all the different types of surgery.  I am looking so forward to this opportunity so I can get the ball rolling.  This is manditory before they will even schedule your 1st consult visit.  I think this is excellent!!  We need to be informed...........if I was I would of never had the lapband.  -Just saying!!  Holly
   Holly                                      
_rebecca
on 4/17/11 10:32 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

CONGRATS!  I hated my band, but I LOVE my sleeve.   Best wishes for lots of weight loss. Hugs!

Most Active