My Rant

ItsMyTurn
on 4/14/11 3:23 am
RNY on 08/28/13
Because I needed to vent and Im sure Im not the only person who has ever felt this way here goes...

Seems like all of a sudden everyone has an opinion. If one more person says "...I support you but I dont support your decision...Your a big girl but not THAT big..."  Has everyone consulted on their reaction to me seeking gastric bypass? :(

UGH!

Doc appointment today and I was very disappointed when some "other" doc came in since I have been seeing my doctor exclusively for every appointment.  I loved that it was him and he spent time and talked to me at length.  He sent his sidekick to talk to me the bulk of the visit then came in with him and did an over view.  SO I was already not feeling him then he asks " WHat will you do if insurance denies you?" HUuuuuuh??? I would be devastated! WTF! I know it can happen I choose not to think of that because I do have a problem that needs help. I am obeses with co-morbidies. My biggest complaint is with my self for not getting the bypass instead of the lapband YEARS AGO! I hate that I essentially wasted 4 yrs of my life!.... Oh and the other thing is he said he wants to do 2 surgeries.  One to remove the band and 6 weeks later the bypass.  I asked him is he aware that some insurances wont pay for two seperate procedures they want it done at the same time. He says he knows and his preferance is 2 but he will do 1 is that is the only way its approved. and if he has to do one surgery i may very well be an open procedure.

Im hating that I put myself in this position.  The damn non-working lapband has caused me nothing but heartache :(
I might not get approved only because  its a revision because otherwise Im an easy approval and because Im being revised if the doc cant do two procedures he wants to gut me like a ****** fish!~

Just another day in the life of me.

250/193/150
Heaven is where you'll be when you're okay right where you are. (Borrowed from a friend)

Hislady
on 4/14/11 12:36 pm - Vancouver, WA
Ahh yet another disgruntled bandster, join the club hon, there are lots of us. I too wasted my time with the band to lose all of 20 lbs. Heck I can do that with out the band! I hope your revision is approved and that you don't end up getting gutted! At least if your get the RNY you'll lose something unlike with the band. Best of luck to you!!
ckb70
on 4/15/11 1:59 am - Morrisville, PA
I don't like your doctor at all! 

I just had my revision from the band to the sleeve on Tuesday...one surgery and it was not an open surgery. 

You should seek a new doctor ASAP!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
_rebecca
on 4/17/11 10:44 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
I HATED my band!  I wasted way to much time with it and it caused me so much pain.  Everyone had an opinion for me as well.  I finally just quit listening to them and had my revision.  That was one of the best decisions of my life!  Please seek a second opinion.  A good revision doctor can do everything all at once.  I don't see why any doctor would want you to go through two surgeries if it is not necessary.  You may want to look into the sleeve.  I am down about 50 pounds in less than four months and I have major restriction.  I wish you the best and I know everything will work out! HUGS!
Most Active