Lapband to RNY

terilynn112
on 4/12/11 9:49 pm - maryland, NY
I had to go through all the tests except the sleep study, and really should have, because I'd have failed. Found out I had sleep apnea when I was in the hospital post op. My stomach had some inflammation, but not enough to do anything about it.

I had to go through psych, nut consults, egd, blood work, eeg, chest xray, and surgical consults. It was ok... actually learned some things I could have done differently with the band. Also learned I'd set myself up for failure.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

aanmarie
on 4/13/11 6:28 am - NY
Hello
I just had my revision to the RNY on 4-4-11.They did both at once and removed scar tissue as well.The band does leave some scar tissue.The first 4 days were rough but I'm doing pretty good.I had to go thru all the testing again.Nut,phyc,endoscope,sleep study, etc..Good luck to you
TamaraL
on 4/13/11 10:49 am
I had a low BMI so I wanted the surgery in 1 because I was afraid the insurance wouldn't approve me once I had the band removed.

I had my band in January 2009 and revison to bypass in October 2010.  I had minimal scar tissue.

I did have a EGD and they had found the band had not slipped.  I just had heart burn all the time with no fluid in band, little fluit in the band.  Something to do with my esophagus being very narrow.

I was told by my surgeon that he would try to do the surgery in 1 but if there was too much scar tissue they would have to remove the band, let the stomach heal and do a second surgery.

When I woke up, the first thing that I asked was did he do the bypass.  I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to get surgery done all at one time.  I had a very low heart rate with the band so I did not want to put my body thru all that stress of 2 surgeries.

Tamara

Holly O.
on 4/13/11 11:47 am - FL
Were they able to do both in one???  -Holly
   Holly                                      
TamaraL
on 4/13/11 10:20 pm
yes, 1 surgery.

T

Tonya0531
on 4/18/11 10:43 pm - Lake, MS
I am having the revision Monday and they are doing both surgeries at the same time.  My doctor said the only problem that she might run into is scar tissue, but her biggest worry isn't the scars from my band.  It's from my open hysterectomy 10 years ago.  She said worse case scenario is that I wake up with an open bypass surgery.  If they can't get their tools where they need to be, they might have to cut me.  That would lead to a longer recovery than I'm planning but I'm so ready for the band to be gone!
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Most Active