Dr. says this is why lap band isn't working for me! long

ckb70
on 4/15/11 2:17 am - Morrisville, PA
I have BCBS of NJ and I was approved very quickly.  I had my band out on Tuesday and had the sleeve done at the same time.

I hope this helps you a bit! Good luck and find a new doctor...there is a lot of scar tissue to work around and the surgeon must be skilled!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 8:12 am - Bayonne, NJ
Your surgeon is an ass. He's one of those people who believes that it's merely calories in - calories out, and that you're sabotaging yourself. BS! Even if you did take in too much sodium, it wouldn't cause permanent weight stalls or gains, it would just make you bloated. The guy is a tool. I'm glad you're seeing someone else.
nkara
on 4/11/11 8:59 am
 you all sound like me... I haven't lost much since having the surgery and I'm having one issue after another. I thought I had good restriction and then I started to have problems with "gurgling" and stuck episodes so I had a slight unfill and then I gained 10 lbs.  So I went in to have a small fill put back in and now I'm suffering from the same thing as before. I'm thinking about having another slight unfill and seeing how that goes... I'm so disgusted now. My mother wants me to just remove it but I might look into revision... I just don't want to have another surgery again... ugh! 

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Holly O.
on 4/12/11 8:51 pm - FL
I was a self-pay for the lapband as well!!  I have lived with this crzy, crazy band for amost 5 years............the end of April can't come soon enough to have that first consult!!  I want the band removed and the RNY completed in one surgery!!  I have done my homework this time and my insurance pays 100%..............now I just have to jump through the hoops again!!  Tired of fills, unfills, tweeking.............never did find that dang sweet spot!!  LOL  I am heavie than when I started out!!  So discouraging.  Just putting my 2 cents in here...........talk about buyer's remorse!!!
   Holly                                      
Lori F.
on 4/14/11 10:22 am - Chula Vista, CA
I just had all the fluid removed from my band yesterday. I am freaking out that I will get even fatter. I only lost about 30 pounds the first two months and now I weigh more than when I started...AND I HAVE A BAND. I never found the sweet spot and if one more person tells me to eat chicken I am going to scream. I haven't had chicken in four years becuase I can't get it down to stay down. I'm tired of throwing up everyday. My surgeon finally, after four years, agreed to do a revision to RNY. I'd love a DS but my insurance doesn't cover it, darnit. If I gained a few more pounds I'd qualify, though! You are not alone...this band has failed me and I have failed it. I wish I never did it.

By the way, since my total unfill yesterday, my gastric reflux has come back with a vengeance, in one day! I'm burping a lot too. Anyone else have at otal unfill with theses issues?

Good luck all!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
KellyAnne730
on 5/21/17 12:10 am
Lap Band on 05/17/17

Soulsister,

Your message was filled with rage 6 years ago, I wonder how it all turned out for you?

Most Active