ROSE Procedure

jdtoobe
on 4/8/11 7:31 am - Lee's Summit, MO
I know the ROSE has gotten less than rave reviews on this forum, and I certainly don't want to spend money for a revision that will provide little in the way of results. Here is my situation. I had RNY December 2004. I lost 100 pounds in the first 6 months bringing me to my current weight of 200. I've maintained that weight for 6 years, but I haven't been able to drop below despite my efforts. I've been on and off of Phentermine for the last three years and I exercise regularly, and the lowest I've been is about 190. As soon as I stop taking Phentermine I pop right back to 200-205. I am extremely aware that 200 is much better than 300 however; I would like my weight to be in proportion to my height and reflect my dedication to regular exercise and reasonable (not perfect) nutrition.

I'm considering ROSE because it seems a feasible option given my current BMI of 30. I can't imagine I would have any luck getting insurance approval for a revision with a BMI of 30 and, outside of ROSE, there aren't many options for people with 30-40 pounds to lose. I would really appreciate input from anyone who has had ROSE. Is it likely I would have enough restriction for a long enough period of time to shed 30ish pounds?
lauralisi
on 4/8/11 12:10 pm - Dona Ana, NM
Hi,
I had RNY in 1999, lost 135 pounds, gradually regained about 50 pounds.  Then I had the ROSE.
I wasted $8,000.00 plus travel expenses.  I felt no restriction whatsoever.  I did not lose one pound.
In fact, I continued to gain 40 more pounds.

The ROSE doesn't work for a while, giving you time to lose weight, then stop working.  The ROSE doesn't work.

Good luck to you.

jdtoobe
on 4/8/11 12:41 pm - Lee's Summit, MO
Thank you for the response. I appreciate your honesty. I'm checking out the possibility of band over bypass. Not sure about cost but, even if insurance won't cover it, I'd rather spend money on a solution that produces results.
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 11:05 am - San Diego, CA
I had the band-over-bypass in May 2009 and have had GREAT success with it!  Let me know if I can help you. :)
PattyLI
on 4/21/11 6:32 am - Coram, NY
I'm considering the band over bypass and wanted to know your experience.  Did you loose weight right away?  Did you feel the same way restriction after you had the bypass.

Patty
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 6:55 am - San Diego, CA
I just posted this in response to the same questions:

Answers:  My surgery originally started as a lap procedure, but due to major excess scar tissue from the RNY, he converted to an open procedure in order to remove that tissue and perform the BOB.  As such, my downtime was longer than expected - about 2 and a half weeks.  I did not have insurance so I am a self-pay.  I saw weight loss immediately and made it to goal in 4 months, surpassed that goal by 29 pounds and have maintained that loss with my BOB for 15 months.  I never feel hunger because I weigh everything and eat 5-6 times per day to keep my metabolism up.  I have PERFECT restriction. Hope this answers your questions! :)
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/11 6:56 am - San Diego, CA
Also, here is a link to another thread on the forum discussing BOBs:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/4374901/Lap-Band-over-you r-bypass/#36160866
ROBIN29YRS
on 4/9/11 3:26 am

I had the revision Stomaphyx which is almost like Rose and I have not had great results! I feel NO restriction and lost a few pounds in the beginning my first RNY 11-20-81 and 5-6-10 the revision.Please think things over, I myself made a mistake and wish I would have considered the sleeve or something else, to late now! But I did not want to go through another major surgery!!! Big Mistake waste of money and time for me!!!! Good Luck on your journey!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 8:08 am, edited 4/11/11 8:09 am - Bayonne, NJ
Over the past few years there have been dozens of posts on these boards from people who were scammed by the ROSE or Stomaphyx. They don't work. The only people who ever posted positively were shills from a specific doctor's office. They'd register, come on, talk about it glowingly, an disappear.

Here's one to read:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3900584/StompahyX-Patients/

Most Active