Omg!!! Dr Keshishian soooo caring!!!

randy S.
on 3/30/11 12:03 pm - brooklyn, NY
Dr k just called me at my home. He didnt have to do that. What a caring man. He got a chance to read all my reports. I have been honest with both my potential surgeons( who speak highly of one another too) he knows my dilema wether to revise to erny or ds from a 1998 ru n y. He was clear that although it is true revising to a distal bypass will obliterate most or all complications he sincerely feels i will be looking to have it revised to a ds in a few years.
Wanted to share this cuz at this point i feel like flying to california and just getting the ds done.
Just wanted to give kudos to dr k. He has no alterior motive. But let me also say Dr. Greenbaum is caring and has true compassion for his patients. He must have answered 30 emails from me in the last 2 years plus. Always patient and kind. i wish he would agree to do the ds on me. Short of begging him i have tried everyting to try to convince him.
Thanks everyone for listening. It helps to vent. So i guess i am not sure about may 16th anymore.
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 10:44 am
Hi Chocolate :)

Your story sounds very familar to alot of us. I live in NJ and went to Dr Greenbaum looking for a revision from a 2002 RNY to DS and had my heart broken. After compliying with all nesessary preops for insurance approval, got my approval letter and Dr Greenbaum refused to do my revision. Instead recommeding a distal. after reading the post here in OH I knew thats something I did not want to do. Since I'm on the east coast there is preaty much no one who I concider an exellent Dr for a revision as complicated as the DS. I had to throw my approval letter in the garbage and self pay Dr Keshishian. This man is amazing. So down to earth, will not sugar code anything and will educate you as much as needed befor you go for surgery.

The revision itself its not for wimps. It takes a while to recover, no matter which Doc you choose. I am 3 weeks post op and I've lost 12lb. Have not had any complications what so ever I couldn't be happier. Educate yourself as much as you can. Good luck in your journey and keep us posted

Yoly
Most Active