Its the distsl bypass for me

Monique A.
on 4/2/11 4:22 am - NY
I did a phone consult w Dr. G  in JAnuary I think and based on the conversation he was steering me in the direction to do open ERNY. I clearly stated I was interested highly in DS.  I did not agree w that so I didn't bother pursuing seeing him at all. 

Look back at your old post and see that you started saying you want the DS.

After ur conversation with Dr. G u changed ur mind. Don't let the surgeon scare you into a different surgery. If u know that is what you will do best w then go w ur gut.

Every surgeon has there reservations about DS esp revisions. Even  ERNY is not without risks.
remeber this is open surgery. U will need to be out no matter what for some prolonged period of time.

I have a 16 mo old baby and didnt want to take that amount of time.

there maybe a few people out there that do well with any procedure or intervention- they may be the exception to the rule. (there are those who loos a ton w the lap band but look at the revision board and see how many people are not so successful with it).

just look at the numbers majority ERNY will have protein malabsorption
 if you have to wait another6 mo to a  year for the babies to get bigger then wait.

Read this article including the attachements and tell me if u still want the ERNY.

http://bariatrictimes.com/2007/09/10/revision-procedures-for -failed-gastric-bypass/

THis article changed my mind although I am scared at the thought of surgery again.

If that is what u want then its what U want and not what the Dr. convinced u is the better option to boost or support HIS statistics.
Most Active