I can't take anymore broth help with liquid diet

aanmarie
on 3/26/11 8:29 am - NY
My doc requires 2 weeks of clear liquids plus 3 protein shakes.All I can have in between shakes is jello and broth or any clear liquids like water.Any other suggestions on clear liquids.Its not even full liquids I can have.This is so hard.My surgery is 4-4-11 so I still have a ways to go.HELP !!!
doz216
on 3/26/11 8:50 am
poor baby i'm crying with you. i revised on 16mar11 to rny from band i just said this to my husband this morning how sick of jello ,pudding,and broth i am but, hold on sister!we'll be so glad in alittle while we held out
DOZ216  FROM BAND TO RNY 16MAR11                  
aanmarie
on 3/26/11 11:04 am - NY
Thanks for you kind words.Pudding would be like a lobster tail right now lol.How was the revision?If you dont mind me asking is the Rny alot different form the band as far as feeling full?Best of luck to you
doz216
on 3/27/11 10:34 am, edited 3/27/11 10:41 am
YOU ARE SO FUNNY BUT I FEEL WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM WHILE EATING ON A SUGAR FREE ICE POP AND COOKING A ROAST FOR MY FAMILY YUM ROAST! OK I'M BACK ! LOL. MY REVISION IS GOING WELL STILL A LITTLE SORE I GUESS FROM ALL THAT SCAR TISSUE HE MY SURGEON SAID HE TOOK HIS TIME SO I THINK I KNOW WHAT SIDE IT WAS AND OF COURSE I AM ALMOST 2 WEEKS OUT SOO I 'M STILL TAKING IT REAL EASY WALKING OUTSIDE ONLY AT THIS POINT !
DOZ216  FROM BAND TO RNY 16MAR11                  
aanmarie
on 3/27/11 11:02 pm - NY
Both surgeries I've had required this liquid diet.The band was full liquids and RNY clear liquids.From what I was told both times this diet shrinks the liver and makes the intestines easy to work with.The problem is this diet is extremely hard.It's not the diet I would be following post-op.It was my understanding this was necessary to have an easier surgery and recovery.According to this article that doesn't hold true?Why would most doctors require it then?
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 4:52 pm - San Jose, CA
In my opinion, because they are sadisitic fatty-haters.

My surgeon says they are not only pointles and worthless, as well as cruel, they put the patient on the table in a stressed and poorly nourished condition.  He said bariatric surgeons should expect to find large livers, and to know how to deal with them.

It's not too late to reconsider not only your surgeon, but your surgery.
TamaraL
on 3/27/11 9:02 am
Cytomax makes a clear protien drink called pure performance that I drank after revision.  It saved my life.   Also sugar free popscicles. 

I bought the freeze pops that are liquid and you put them in the freezer and they saved me.

Tamara

aanmarie
on 3/28/11 6:30 am - NY
Hello
On the cytonmax.Where would I get that?I have vitamin shop,Whole foods,Trader Joe"s and GNC.Would any of them carry it?Thanks so much
TamaraL
on 3/28/11 7:43 am
I get mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.  I want to say its Cytomax though.  They have orange, tropical punch, watermelon.  They do have a little after taste but I could tolerate it better than Isopure

Most Active