Is revision my answer?

dhogue1
on 3/26/11 3:41 am
I had RNY in 2002, since then I have had a baby. I only gain 20 pounds during the pregnancy, but since then I have gained 80 +. I am stuggling to lose again. I am at a loss as to what to do. I am depressed and taking 200 mg. of zoloft which isn't helping. I am so disappointed in myself. I was given the tool and lost down to 146 lbs. The happiest I have ever been. Is a revision something that I might consider? HELP!!!!
Ladytazz
on 3/26/11 7:28 am
First thing you need to do is go to your surgeon or another WL surgeon and get scoped to see if your pouch has stretched out or if the stoma has stretched out or if there is a fistula between your pouch and your old stomach. Rule out any mechanical problems. If there is a problem then you can decide what you want to do. You can opt to get the problem fixed or you can revise to another procedure. You could get a lap band (BOB or band over bypass), have your pouch revised into a VSG or get a DS. The revision to the VSG (which is also part of the DS) is a very complicated one and you want to find a very experienced revision surgeon. There are only a handful of experienced RNY to DS surgeons. If you are interested in having a DS you can go the the DS board and talk to other revisions or check out dsfacts.com.
Most Active