If I have one more stuck episode......!

soulsister
on 3/24/11 11:45 am - NY
I'M gonna scream!
I can't take this band anymore. Two weeks ago I had a slight unfill due to being stuck and not being able to even hold down water. After that unfill I felt like I could eat a horse. I have had to diet bc I knew if I didn't I would gain weight.
Well, I just got stuck on a piece of corned beef. I cannot handle this anymore. I was so sick I was seeing stars!
How can I have hardly any restriction and then all of a sudden stuck?
i just don't get it. Sometimes I think I may not be doing this right.

I'm going to th surgeon next week and praying for a revision to the sleeve. I just hope I'm not denied due to my BMI not being high enough. I have't had any mechanical problems, just gerd, upper left pain, and no real sweet spot.

For all of you revisions from band to sleeve....Will I have any of these episodes. I am soo sick of vomiting!
CindyLyn
on 3/24/11 12:28 pm - Evadale, TX
Bless your heart.... I had mine done in 08 also and am in the process of getting insurance approval for a revision.  I have been miserible for the past two yrs.  I was finally told that my stoma is staying inflammed and swollen.  Like my body is rejecting it.  I am so glad I am getting rid of it.
I hope you find relief in whatever you choose to do.
Hislady
on 3/25/11 10:03 am - Vancouver, WA
 I hear ya I've finally just given up and keep my band on the loose side and I still have trouble with healthy food. Give me cookies, cake or candy and it goes down like a charm. Try meat and veggies no way, maybe a bite or two and then I'm stuck. I'm seriously thinking of gettting even more saline out. I used to eat so healthy and since the band all I eat is crap, wasn't that a wise move on my part. I so hate this band!
Amy_Kleve
on 3/26/11 5:17 am - Adrian, MN
Same with me as well, I can eat crap just fine..... good, healthy foods get stuck. I dont get it!  We should start a "HATE THE BAND" group!! LOL
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

soulsister
on 3/26/11 6:28 am - NY
On March 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM Pacific Time, Amy_Kleve wrote:
Same with me as well, I can eat crap just fine..... good, healthy foods get stuck. I dont get it!  We should start a "HATE THE BAND" group!! LOL
I hate the band group! Love it.
I can see the FDA banning the band ina few years and insurances not covering it anymore due to revisions and complications. Can't you?
Amy_Kleve
on 3/26/11 9:23 am - Adrian, MN
Oh yea, definitely!

MARIA F.
on 3/26/11 10:39 am - Athens, GA
On March 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM Pacific Time, soulsister wrote:
On March 26, 2011 at 12:17 PM Pacific Time, Amy_Kleve wrote:
I hate the band group! Love it.
I can see the FDA banning the band ina few years and insurances not covering it anymore due to revisions and complications. Can't you?

I am shocked that it hasn't been taken off the market yet! A LOT of ppl have been ripped off or even damaged by the band!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 1:30 pm
My fiancee had the exact same problem beginning with the band. Fill more due to slow weight loss them remove some because of things getting stuck.  She just recently had the band drained completely and still gets nausated daily. Her surgery was in 2007 and the band is basically useless for her.

Currently we are researching Drs in Mexico who can do the revision laproscopically but some have said basically that time is money and to deal with the scar tissue on the band just takes up to much of their time.  Unfortunately for us she has lost insurance so we are self pay.

I had the sleeve 6 months ago and have lost about 75% of what I amrequired to, to meet the correct BMI. From experience I can suggest that you will most likely either vomit or spit up foamy stuff which is refered to as the FOAMIES or feel like hell if you eat or drink to much at one time...PERIOD.

After 6 months you would think I could get it right but after 60 years of eating habits I still have problems not drinking 30 minutes prior to and after eating soilds. If I do either I get the foamies. I wish I could vomit to quickly get over that terrible feeling. I even try the finger down the throat routine but it does not work for me. The foamies just take to long to get over that sick feeling.
Try to chew things to oblivion swallowing very small parts at a time while still chewing. Drink tiny swallows and not one right after the other, I can only handle about one ounce swallows.

I am not trying to scare you as there is no scare. I absolutely love my sleeve but when I don't follow the directions and simple steps it causes me problems. Just follow the MDs directions and a few suggestions and with the sleeve you will do and feel great!
Hope everything works out for you.
Mike_61
Amy_Kleve
on 3/26/11 5:16 am - Adrian, MN
Wow----That sounds EXACTLY like me. Some days or times of the day, I can eat whatever I want. Others, I'm very restricted.

Its so funny because I sent my nurse the exact same thing you did.... "How can I have hardly any restriction and then all of a sudden stuck?"

My nurse didn't really have an answer for me.

I'm sick of this band as well!!!  

inmyownskin
on 3/27/11 10:39 pm - Westbury, NY
This is exactly what is going on with me.  A bite or two of some chicken breast and up it goes. A piece of chocolate cake turns into 2 or 3 because it goes down so easily.  I have had my band for 3 1/2 years and now I regret not having gotten the bypass as I had wanted to. I tried to get a revision to bypass 2 years ago and punked out.  Now I am in the very early decisions of trying to get a revision to bypass.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
Most Active