Had my sleeve surgery Monday

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 11:01 pm
 I have to say that all the people I talked with before hand were right ....there is truly very very little pain in the stomach area ..I was so concerned about this and aside from getting  tired easily I feel on the mend!
Monday when I woke up there was more a feeling of having to hiccup and throw up which they said is normal.. I was very naucous all day I usually don't have any problem with anesthesia but I'll take it as  a trade off for no gas pain...to me thats the worst because I cannot get comfortable...I really don't have any desire to eat but im missing my coffee....im doing as im told cause I want this to work but it will be a long 10 days cause I need 1/2 and 1/2...anyway I had some of my protien shake yesterday and I'll try more today I know I never get it all in even with the band you just do the best you can and listen to your body..I am going to get some bariatric vitamins this time I feel alot better so far with the sleeve then I did with  the band ... Im so thankful I was given this opportunity and I know I will do much better then I did with the band ...Hope everyone has a great day :)
ckb70
on 3/24/11 7:42 am - Morrisville, PA
I'm so happy you are doing well.  My revision to the sleeve is set for April 12th...yeah!  I hope I do as well as you are doing.  I'm not concerned about the pain I just hope there is not much scar tissue or damage, I'm really worried I will be left with nothing. 

Keep up the good work!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 8:22 am

Wow I never even considered scar tissue... after when I talked to my Dr he said I had very little so I guess having the band causes that?  Didnt realize, well Good luck you'll do great!

Most Active