Revision Surgery date 4-7-11 out of state w/ Dr. Husted-RNY-DS

fllmom
on 3/28/11 11:31 pm - Hollywood, FL
Thanks for the tips!  Surgery will be at St. Lukes Medical Ctr.  Preop appt 4/6, surgery 4/7, appt to be released to fly home 4/18....didn't plan on hanging out in your lovely city for so long.  Whew...my poor sister--volunteered to take care of my twins....that is a long time!  Thanks again!
ginau
on 3/29/11 10:28 am - mesa, AZ
Just so your aware - Phx St Lukes is not in the best area - the only good thing is that its close to the airport.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

fllmom
on 3/29/11 10:36 pm - Hollywood, FL
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Do you know anything about St. Lukes? Glad it is close to the airport to save on $$$. We are going to stay at the Super 8, since it is close & they have the best rates. Renovated 2 mos. ago. Thanks again.

I saw that you were OUT 4 days after surgery.....what did you feel up to doing, if anything?

ginau
on 3/29/11 10:56 pm - mesa, AZ

Older hospital,inner city -  dont expect anything fancy like Scottsdale Shea and their Spa services- that was awesome... But  Dr Juarez and Fang are also there - they may check in on you as I believe Husted is doing some surgery with  them these days. and all Dr's have to have a back up ... 

I was out in 24 hrs after my Erny - home to rest & recover  !!  was out  and driving in about 7 days .. the less time you stay in the hosp the better .   why chance a infection?   I tried to do as much walking as possible - the more you move the better you feel.

Not sure how Dr Husted does his follow up  appt - you may have to drive up to his office  in N Phx . 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lauren H.
on 4/2/11 2:04 am - Portland, OR
Just wanted to say good luck, I have had multiple out of state operations.  I know it can be scary but just enjoy all that time off as best you can.  

BTW I had surgey with Dr Husted back in 2007 after doing an exhaustive search for revision surgeons.  I am a RN and have worked with lots of surgeons including WLS surgeons and felt he was the best surgeon for the job.

LilySlim - (nW49)

fllmom
on 4/2/11 1:54 pm - Hollywood, FL
Thank you!  You made my day!  Contratulations on your family & your success!
Most Active