Medical Weight Loss Management Program

Covergurl
on 3/21/11 1:16 pm - Cleveland, OH
 Ok so I went to my new Bariatric Dr and she recommended I see the nutritionist to be placed on a six week protein-sparing modified diet( yep thats the official name..lol). Bascally the diet consist of all proteins 60 grams, 64 oz of water/fluids and veggies twice a day. No caffeine, No sugar, and No carbs.  You also have to take potassium and magnesium as well as all your other vits. I know this plan sounds extreme but I have 75 pounds to lose to reach my goal and my Dr suggested I go this route jump start my weightloss journey again. Meanwhile she is also running all the other necessary test to make sure my pouch is in good shape. I am also seeing the psychologist to access my food behaviors. After the six weeks is over we will re- introduce carbs and I should be back on track !

I am so glad that instead of going it alone I found a new bariatric team to access my journey. After visiting with my psychologist I discovered my weight regain is partially due to binge eating. As a result I am going to a binge eating support group as well as a post op group.  I also found out today that although my EGD came back normal, my upper Gi  shows some stretching. Now I dont know if its enough to qualify for revision but the Dr and I will go over my options on my next visit. 

Well family I will keep you posted on my new journey. My starting weight is 221  and my goal is 150,  I am going to try and stay off the scale until I go back to see my nutritionist on April 11. I can already tell though that I am losing and that's more important to me at the moment than the amount of weight I am losing. I am learning to celebrate the baby steps of my process and I am excited about being on the losing side again!!......YAY ME !!

CoverGurl
dawn4511
on 3/23/11 6:48 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Congrats that is awesome good job getting help to get back on track.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Covergurl
on 3/23/11 9:38 am - Cleveland, OH
 Thanks Dawn.... I had to do an intervention on ME!

CoverGurl
Most Active