Where do I start?

mbfuhrman
on 3/21/11 10:41 am - Utica, MI

I am looking to get a revision I have gained weight and my bmi is high also. I would like to know what are the first steps, what did you do to start. 

Thanks in advance,

Marie

Hislady
on 3/21/11 2:12 pm - Vancouver, WA
While I haven't actually done a revision I've seriously thought about it. I would start with seeing if your insurance will cover it. Then they can tell you who their approved surgeons are and you can go from there and see what the surgeon requires. After that it's just play the ins. game and wait. Good luck!
MsBatt
on 3/22/11 7:06 am
Start by researching the DS. With a high BMI, the DS is *probably* the form of WLS you should have had to begin with, but sadly, many surgeons don't do the DS, and therefore don't tell their patients about it. You can learn more about the DS on the DS board here at OH, and at www.dsfacts.com

We have a LOT of Band-to-DS and RNY-to-DS revision patients who post on the DS board. Come and read their stories.
Caraat231
on 3/23/11 9:12 am

I just had revision on 3/7/11 and I 1st called the insurance company to see if they cover weight loss surgery and your doctor. If they do then make appt with the doc and your on your way to revision. YOur doc will tell you everything you need to do.

Cara
Most Active