Need a Little Advice Please

CatChick1964
on 3/19/11 7:18 pm - SC
Hey all... On Dec 20th of last year I had a VBG revision ... invasive... because my band location had been completely engulfed by scar tissue and the only passage for food was closing up.  The surgery went well... no complications.

Now... fast forward 3 months.  We've moved out the area (Columbia, SC.... Dr. *****ett) and about two weeks ago I picked up something and it hurt.  Real bad !!  I was unpacking... but I quit.  Haven't done any heavy work since then.  Haven't lifted anything over 10 pounds.  The pain not only hasn't gone away but seems to be getting worse.  The area is getting more tender to the touch.  It burns like an open wound sometimes.  And to make matters worse, I contracted a horrible chest cold from my daughter and the coughing makes it feel like day 1 after surgery.

There are no hard lumps or protrusions indicative of a hernia... just searing pain that has slowly but progressively worsened over the past two weeks.

I haven't found a bariatric surgeon in this area, yet.  Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?  Should I be worried about internal bleeding?  I'm not doing ANYTHING...with the exception of coughing when my cold meds start to wear off.... so I can't understand how it's getting worse instead of even a little better.

Hope someone has some advice.  Thanks everyone.

Caraat231
on 3/20/11 12:52 am

It could be your muscles still healing, you had major surgery. However finding a doc should be your #1 priorty. Please Contact a doctor asap.

Cara
ckb70
on 3/20/11 5:12 am - Morrisville, PA
My original doctor moved to SC...check to see if he is near you.  Very good doctor.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-mor ris-washington/

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Most Active