Protein. Yikes!

leighfrances9
on 3/14/11 1:41 pm - GA
Hi All!
I've been through this before, but I clearly blocked this portion of my life out of my mind.  ha!  How are you getting in protein?  I need 70-90 grams a day and I'm really struggling less than 2 weeks post op.  Any creative ideas would help.
Many thanks,
Leigh
ginau
on 3/14/11 2:09 pm - mesa, AZ

what works is differant for everyone, some  supplement with shakes,  concentrated protein bullets, some stick with an ATKINS like  food plan. 

Remember  when your first out is will be very hard to reach your goal.  count protein and not  calories .  try some protein drinks -buy single can servings  at first.

my goal is 150-180 and a sample of my  daily routine is

6 a.m. Hot cocoa protein drink   25-30 grms

9 a.m. 3/4 greek ygurt or cottage cheese   and  a little fruit      25 gms

12 30 p.m.  chicken, shrimp, roastbeef   on small salad  =  3 bites protein 1 bite of salad 30

3 p/m. cheese stick or slice of meat around a dill pickle  - 15-20

6:30 p.m. dinner -  lean protein , steamed veggies . 30 grms

9:30  p.m.  protein bullet . shake  etc... 30

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

leighfrances9
on 3/14/11 2:51 pm - GA
 Thank you so much for this!  When did you have your revision?  I'm two weeks out, so I'm stuck with the protein shakes.  gross!  When you say that you put protein in your food--what protein to you purchase?  I've been using a chocolate and vanilla jay Robb but it's getting old fast.  I'd like to mix a flavorless into my food.
Thanks so much again!
ginau
on 3/14/11 10:43 pm - mesa, AZ

Honestly - go to Vitalady wensite and order some samples.  Unjury is great for the flavorless- good to add to soups.   I like  Matrix  brand, Champion, 3ever fit . Muscle milk light - premade

Try protein warm put a scoop in 1/4 cup water and mix - then add in  very warm water - use a little Torani syrup  or mint extract- add a couple mini marshmellows. - you have to be creative

I only use greek yogurt, I buy large Shrimp in the bag - steam / boil 6-12 at a time for me and 2 for the kitty's , chicken tenders - easy to take out only what you need.  

Use higher protein foods and it will be easier to get in your protein.

My revision was almost 2 yrs ago - I have been able to maintain 200 lbs total loss.  and I am getting ready to  have a hernia repair  in a couple weeks - so I am protein loading right now in preparation.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active