THE...BEST...DAY...EVER!!!

Jenns Livin free
on 3/11/11 7:12 am
Posted this on VSG board, but thought you all would like to hear too!

Ok, here goes...I have been approved for the sleeve!!!!  It all started back in October, actually.  I have a lap band, and things have NOT been going well.  Yes, I lost weight, but I did it in the first 7 months.  For the last year, I have had nothing but fills, unfills, stucks, throwing up, etc.  So, in January, I went in and said, I want to revise to the sleeve.  The ins. coordinator at the Drs. office called BCBS of KC and tried to get it approved verbally.  They said no sleeve--still investigational.  Well, when I called BCBS, they had no record of the Drs. office calling, so there was no way to appeal. I said, on Feb. 14th, please fill out the paperwork and try to get it approved that way.  Then, if it is denied, I can appeal it.  Nothing happened, numerous phone calls placed, finally, last week, the paperwork was submitted.  I can keep track of these things online.  The date for approval was March 11th--today.  It kept saying, Pending, and I kept checking.  Last night, I checked before I went home from work, and lo and behold, it said APPROVED!!!!  Then, the nurse called me at 7:30 this morning to tell me because she was so excited for me!!!  I, apparently, am the first one in their practice to be approved for the removal of the band and the sleeve throught BCBS of KC.  I am still in shock, but I am so relieved.  Now, I see the Dr. next week to schedule everything.  She takes the band out, waits about 2 months, then does the sleeve.  She believes that, due to scare tissue, it is the safeest way.  And I am fine with it.  Actually, it works out well since I am a teacher and have summers off.  It looks like the sleeve surgery will take place after school is out! 
I told my husband this morning that I didn't worry about this at all while waiting for the decision.  I was anxious, yes, but didn't fret.  I left it up to God.  What a great Lenten present.  I have so much to be thankful for today.  And thank you, all of you, for the advice you gave me back in January.  And any advice you can give me now is much appreciated!  Make room, guys, I'm coming over to your side of the bench! 
Lovin' life...finally! Jenn
HW 324 Lapband SW 290(9/14/09)  VSG SW 254(5/23/11)  CW 210 GW 160
Approved on 3/10/2011 for Revision to VSG. Lapband removal 3/22/2011.VSG surgery 5/23/2011

Hislady
on 3/11/11 9:43 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats I'm so happy for you. You'll finally have a surgery that actually works. Very best to you and your upcoming success!
Most Active