So happy with my band to sleeve revision!

kimhoke
on 3/16/11 4:28 am

Wow, I have Fed BCBS too!  Was a long process?  Did you have to repeat your evaluations? 

Michelle F.
on 3/16/11 7:40 am
The only reasons I needed to do another psych and nut consult was because I switched surgeons.  If I went with my original surgeon I wouldn't have had to do anything.  It was approved within a month, although I think my surgeons insurance coordinator (who is not there anymore!) screwed up on submitting to insurance, in which case it only took a week.

Good luck!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

MzladyC
on 3/15/11 3:02 am
CONGRATS!!!!  I am also considering the Sleeve as a revision for my lap band. I have had the lap band a year now. I got mine last March 2010 And I had yet to feel any restriction and wondered why. It took all this time for my doctor to notice that I have a leak. It will take surgery to repair and replace my port. I do not want to go through this hassle anymore with the changes of this happening again. I am wondering will my insurance BCBC of MI pay for this. If so I will definitely get the sleeve instead of a new band.
Michelle F.
on 3/15/11 8:39 am
Good luck MzladyC!  I really loved my band when it worked.  Sadly it didn't work for long and it never worked consistantly.

CindyLyn
on 3/16/11 1:16 pm - Evadale, TX
Michelle,  Thank you so much for posting this.  I am in the process of getting everything squared away  for revision from Band to sleeve.  I am hoping for a mid June date.   I have made to feel like a complete failure by fellow band members who are successful.  I have issues with this band that had  nothing to do with the amount of food I ate because I could not get food down... purreed, chewed the hell out of or not!!  I choked on WATER.... LOL
Thank you for helping me realize I am not crazy (at least about the band issue)   I look forward to seeing further post from you.
MARIA F.
on 3/16/11 7:17 pm - Athens, GA
On March 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM Pacific Time, CindyLyn wrote:
Michelle,  Thank you so much for posting this.  I am in the process of getting everything squared away  for revision from Band to sleeve.  I am hoping for a mid June date.   I have made to feel like a complete failure by fellow band members who are successful.  I have issues with this band that had  nothing to do with the amount of food I ate because I could not get food down... purreed, chewed the hell out of or not!!  I choked on WATER.... LOL
Thank you for helping me realize I am not crazy (at least about the band issue)   I look forward to seeing further post from you.

Cindy they do that to me on the band forum all the time! Always accuse ME of being the problem and NOT the band! I have done everything possible to work WITH my band! If there's no restriction...............it's just like trying to lose weight BEFORE WLS! :-( I didn't spend $15,000 to ONLY diet!

The band is the failure most of the time. That's why we see so few long term bandsters on the forum!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Michelle F.
on 3/17/11 9:35 am
On March 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM Pacific Time, CindyLyn wrote:
CindyLyn, you're not crazy, the band doesn't work for everyone and you should never be made to feel that you're failing the band when it failed you.  My original surgeon made me feel like there was something wrong with me because I didn't want to fix my band...he's a band guy, he even has one.  And I think it's great that his is working for him even 12 years later, but I'm finding more and more that he's in the minority.  That's why I switched to another surgeon who specializes in revisions.

Good luck, you'll do great.  The sleeve isn't a magic bullet...no WLS is, but it's easier to live with than my band was!

Most Active