Revision RNY

leighfrances9
on 3/9/11 4:40 am - GA
 Sure!  I think it's different a second time around I suppose because of my age as I was 21 years old the first time I had GB RNY.  I felt that the actual surgery was so difficult in itself, but I was 50 lbs. heavier when I had my first surgery.  The recovery time I feel is going smoother.  Instead of recovering from my actual surgery, I find myself "knowing what to expect" so I'm just BORED, which is leading my mind into old ways.  I've opened the kitchen cabinets and fridge door quite a few times..."looking" for something, which is something I didn't do the first time because I was so shocked by the surgery itself.  I'm also really HUNGRY.  Arg!!    So, the protein shakes have helped, but I wonder how "small" my pouch actually is now.  Hmm.

Does anyone else have any thoughts of the first vs. revision surgery?
rexysmamma
on 3/9/11 3:49 am
Hi Fellow Revision Friends!
I am post op 7 months and have re lost 129 pounds! So, IT WORKS! EDo not ever second guess yourself! Plus, you must shed those OLD NASTY HABITS for success!
It ain't easy!~ My biggest demon is soda pop! It is the biggest no-no and I want it!
For counselling, ask your surgeon or PC doctors and they will be able to tell u who to talk to. Do it now as the support is needed and go to post surgery meetings in your area. I go to three a month and I get new ideas each time.

Good Luck and stop being your own enemy! Love yourself so you can love others~!
Jules  
randy S.
on 3/9/11 9:15 am - brooklyn, NY
who did your revision and why didnt you revise to a ds
rexysmamma
on 3/10/11 1:08 am
Hi Chocolate!
My revision was done by Dr. Stoyan Kokocharov in Wheeling, IL. He also repaired a hernia and multiple fistulas.
I am not sure what a ds is...please let me know so I can answer your question.
Thanks and good luck in all you do!
Jules
jokenaround
on 3/10/11 5:43 am
WOW, I went to high school at Wheeling HS.  I have never seen Wheeling mentioned anywhere!  I now live in California and still miss the midwest!
jlflbf
on 3/8/11 3:45 am - Shore Area, NJ
did you have a revision from your RNY? i am thinking of having one, not sure where to start, did your insurance cover? my highest weight was 348 - lost 163 lbs, have now gained back 70, so although I have still lost 100lbs, i am scared and i still am obese. at 5'1". best of luck to you.
Thanks
rexysmamma
on 3/10/11 1:12 am, edited 3/10/11 1:12 am
What I had done was an abdominalplasty. He had to take out 3/4 of my stomach, which was the part they usually leave in from cutting off to make the pouch, and then made the pouch a whopping 2 ounces which is now able to hold about 3/4 cup of food depending on the density of the food. Liquids feel better for me, but I can do most soft foods. Protein is a battle, so I drink Isopure all day!
I still have the RNY model it is just that my stomach is smaller.

My insurance covered everything except $120. BCBS of Il.
But I had to have this done because of the hernia and the fistulas and I had abcesses open in the abdominal area. This was a nightmare and I was sick for about five years before I got to a doctor that knew what they were talking about.
I guess that is why they call it, "practicing medicine."
Jules
MsBatt
on 3/11/11 5:47 am
On March 10, 2011 at 9:12 AM Pacific Time, rexysmamma wrote:
What I had done was an abdominalplasty. He had to take out 3/4 of my stomach, which was the part they usually leave in from cutting off to make the pouch, and then made the pouch a whopping 2 ounces which is now able to hold about 3/4 cup of food depending on the density of the food. Liquids feel better for me, but I can do most soft foods. Protein is a battle, so I drink Isopure all day!
I still have the RNY model it is just that my stomach is smaller.

My insurance covered everything except $120. BCBS of Il.
But I had to have this done because of the hernia and the fistulas and I had abcesses open in the abdominal area. This was a nightmare and I was sick for about five years before I got to a doctor that knew what they were talking about.
I guess that is why they call it, "practicing medicine."
Jules
An abdominoplasty is a tummy tuck. You had a revision, pure and simple.
Cali_SL
on 3/9/11 1:32 pm - Los Angeles, CA
 I am so happy I came across this discussion. I will be two years post op in June. I have only lost 60 lbs since my surgery!  I know part of it is my fault, but I kind of think my surgeon didn't make my stomach small enough. If I don't lose at least 60 more pounds by June 2012, I am seeking a revision! 
~Cali          
leighfrances9
on 3/10/11 7:31 am - GA
Hi there!  Did you have Gastric Bypass RNY?
Most Active