home from the hospital

Biking1
on 3/7/11 4:58 am
 Hi everyone,

Just a short note to say how grateful I am for everyone's good wishes & thoughtful messages. I came through my surgery (RNY revision to RNY) just fine last Thursday, and am well on the road to recovery. Bonus: I lost 10 pounds on the pre-op and post-surgery diet, so that's 10 fewer pounds I need to lose, now that I'm home!

More importantly, I've had a great deal of time in which to reflect upon my "bad" habits and toreadjust my thinking. Over the past several weeks, I've analyzed the non-medical reasons I needed a revision in the first place. Sure, there were bio-mechanical issues that needed resolving (stretched stoma & pouch). They added significantly to my regained weight. But for honesty's sake --and to increase my chances of success this time 'round -- I am taking full responsibility for the things I did to sabotage my own success. Eating too many carbs, at the expense of high-nutrient, high satiety proteins. Not exercising, or doing it half-heartedly.

I'm grateful for the blessing of this second chance. Sure, I wish I didn't find myself in this position, but since I am, I'm going to make the best of this new opportunity. I got down to goal in 2004, and I'll do it again in 2011. 44 pounds and counting...
deehill
on 3/7/11 5:58 am - tacoma, WA
GOOD luck to you I am currently looking into rny revision  I had rny in 05 pleas keep us posted on your trials and triumphs
Biking1
on 3/7/11 6:10 am
 Wishing you good luck, as well! I will certainly post updates, & hope you will keep us informed about your progress, too.
Most Active