Minimum BMI for revision

soulsister
on 3/7/11 3:08 am - NY
What is the minimum your BMI can be for a revision for insurance to pay?
TamaraL
on 3/7/11 7:34 am
mine had to be 35 or above but if you are having problems with the band I have seen some people get a revision done with a lower BMI.  Call your insurance company and talk to them.

TAmara

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 7:58 am - Mexico
On March 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM Pacific Time, soulsister wrote:
What is the minimum your BMI can be for a revision for insurance to pay?

From band to band probably any BMI if you are having issues.  If it is band to another surgery type then 35 with comorbidities or 40 without.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
soulsister
on 3/7/11 10:00 am - NY
ckb70
on 3/7/11 8:31 pm - Morrisville, PA

BMI was not a factor with the insurance to approve my revision.  They did check my doctor's notes to make sure I was compliant with the band...fills, doctors appts and nut appts.  The band failed me...if this is the case for you the BMI should not matter.  I'm having a revision from the band to VSG on April 12th.  I have a lot of port pain, by band slipped and all I did was throw up.  Are you having any problems?

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Debba
on 3/14/11 4:17 am - West Deptford, NJ
Revision on 05/19/09 with
BMI was not a factor for me.  Doctor's letter indicated that despite my being totally compliant, I was still having issues (vomiting, reflux, regurgitation) and my revision was approved immediately.

Deb

MzladyC
on 3/15/11 3:37 am
I currently have a lap band which I have had for 1yr. and never got restriction come to find out I have a leak and wanted to just go to a sleeve I have BCBS of MI and was wondering if anyone knew the requirements for them to pay ?
Most Active