Revision to RNY from band is the full feeling different?

aanmarie
on 3/8/11 10:26 am - NY
Hello
I am having a revision on April 4th.Im going from the band to the RNY.Can someone please explain how the full feeling is with the RNY?With the band I never had a full feeling no matter how many adjustments I had.I got the stuck feeling alot but not full.Is there a huge difference as far as eating goes?I just don't want to have the disapointment I had with the band.Thanks in advance for any help.
perlgrrl
on 3/8/11 1:22 pm - evans, GA
 Hi I had the Lap Band in dec of 2007, and 1 week ago, I had my band removed and was revised to the bypass. For me it didn't hurt as bad as my lap band surgery. I do feel full and finally feel like this is how my band was supposed to have worked and so glad I listened to my doctor and had the revision. If you have any questions please send me a message ;)
terilynn112
on 3/10/11 5:20 am - maryland, NY
Absolutely night and day difference in eating/drinking. I never found that full feeling with the meals of our allotted amounts, and I rarely can finish what I should be eating (at 2 months post op). I have however had the "Stuck" feeling, when I tried to force in that 2 ounces. I literally can burp up, if I over eat.... but ONLY then. Not on the first or second bite. But you learn fast not to overeat. It's not why we did this.

And the whole hate hate relationship with the scale becomes a love hate relationship. Love that it's moving, downward, and hate that it's not even faster....w e get greedy!

I love my rny. Wish I'd have gone this way in 2008, but I made friendships with a lot of people I wouldn't have met if I hadn't. So it is what it is.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active