from lap band to sleeve even if I have to much scar tissue?

Rozella
on 3/6/11 2:45 pm - New Market, TN
has anyone had this procedure even if the doctor says he can't becaus of to much scar tissue or adhesions?Seen another doctor said he can do it cause he has done many of them.what do you think?he also said doctor say the can" is just lazy?
cheryl
rozella jones

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/6/11 3:03 pm - Mexico
On March 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM Pacific Time, Rozella wrote:
has anyone had this procedure even if the doctor says he can't becaus of to much scar tissue or adhesions?Seen another doctor said he can do it cause he has done many of them.what do you think?he also said doctor say the can" is just lazy?
cheryl

i'd seriously be looking for a new surgeon,  We ALL have a lot of scar tissue from a band.  It's the nature of the beast..

Lazy is when they don't remove the adhesions and leave you with a mega sleeve.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Rozella
on 3/6/11 3:09 pm - New Market, TN
all the scar tissues are from other surgeries I had see the dr. that put in the lap band when I wanted rny at that time but he said we will give u the lapband so I said ok but upset they wouldn"do rny.AS I have picked a doctor in mexico his name is dr.Jose rodriguze
Thanks for answering back so quickly
Cheryl
rozella jones

neacres100
on 3/7/11 5:11 am - NJ
I had loads of adhesions all through my abdomin from a prior open abdominal surgery involving my pancreas, liver and gallbladder.  Also had a lapband put in by LAP.  Then had to have the lapband removed due to erroding into my stomach and an infected port cut out with a fistula.  Had to heal from that and went in for a DS.  I knew going in, the DS may have to be done in two parts.  I woke up and i got the VSG done first.  I had so many cement adhesions and my organs were all attached to these adhesions, he basically had to disent all the organs from the adhesions, all done by lap. I was on the OR table for 5.5 hours, and wasn't doing well.  My surgeon did the VSG for my safety.  I healed from that and went in for part two in 3.5 months later.  Adhesions came back with a vengence again.  My body just produces them quickly and they are rock hard.  Once again, he cleaned me out and finished my surgery in 4 hours.

My surgeon worked on me knowing (gave him all my operative reports to review) he would be going into my abdomin with adhesions from several previous abdominal surgeries both open and lap.  It didn't deter him one bit.

In my own opinion, it sounds like the surgeon may not want to deal with the adhesions, it may take too much of his/her time to perform the surgery.  Who knows.  If I were you, I would look for another surgeon.

Best Wishes.

Donna

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
Rozella
on 3/7/11 12:32 pm - New Market, TN
Thank you answering my question I really appreciate it I am some scared of haveing this done in Mexico because my insuraunce won't pay.
Well thank you agin.
Cheryl
rozella jones

Most Active