Beginning Again...and its okay

Covergurl
on 3/6/11 9:43 am - Cleveland, OH
 Six years ago I made a decision to have gastric bypass because I was unhappy with the state of my health. After losing about 125 pounds I began to regain weight due to a miscarriage and some other life just happens events. Anyway having gained about 35 pounds I decided not to weight till I had gained all my weight back to do something about it. Last week I went back in to see my Doctor and as a result I am beginning my wls journey again. She is going to run a series of test to check my pouch and make sure everything is okay there, if not we will discuss revision options. In the mean time the Doc is sending to the dietician to  start a six week protein fast (not sure what that will envolve but I will keep ya posted) to see if that jump starts my weigh loss again. She also suggested I make an appointment with the psychologist to discuss my life just happens events as well as my poor eating behaviors. So family I will keep you posted as I beging my journey again. For all of you who have found yourself in this place, let me say....IT'S OKAY LIFE HAPPENS....the key is to never give up on yourself and to remember  that  this walk is a journey not a destination. If you are not having any luck with getting back on track on your own...GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR...there is something about being under the doctors care that brings back the days of honeymoon. You remember the excitement you use have when you thought you had found a tool that was actually going to produce the weightloss results you desired...This is the place that all of our journey's began so its okay if you must revisit this place again. I will keep you posted to my progress and I hope that my journey is blessing to someone else in there time of need....we really do need one another to maintain OUR success!

CoverGurl
deehill
on 3/6/11 2:43 pm - tacoma, WA
god bless and be with you!
Biking1
on 3/7/11 5:15 am
 Amen to all you've said here! Sounds like you've got a great attitude, which will carry you far on this new leg of your weight loss journey. I'm wishing you all the best...

(Coincidentally, I just posted about coming home from the hospital, where I had a RNY revision. So while my story isn't identical to yours I can definitely relate.)
Most Active