new to forum - need advise

Amber1981
on 3/6/11 6:43 pm - Fairfield, IA
Hey everyone! My name is Amber and I am 10 years post op Open RNY.  I started out a 360lbs and today I am sitting at 160 lbs.  For most this would be amazing but I'm a little upset. 
I got remarried in June and weighed 138lbs. and can't seem to get it off of me.  I fight and I gain more.  I am also on hormones attempting to concieve our 2nd child which doesn't help but the chance of weight gain on this med is less than 1%. 
So where is it all coming from??  I don't eat much but I do know that I can eat (at once) more than i feel I should be able to.  I try to stay away from carbs (which we all LOVE) and still take my protein about everyother day.
I know that since it's been 10 whopping years the chance that my pouch has stretched is pretty good...
what do y'all think?
thanks for any input
Amber Wilson
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 8:36 am - Mexico
On March 7, 2011 at 2:43 AM Pacific Time, Amber1981 wrote:
Hey everyone! My name is Amber and I am 10 years post op Open RNY.  I started out a 360lbs and today I am sitting at 160 lbs.  For most this would be amazing but I'm a little upset. 
I got remarried in June and weighed 138lbs. and can't seem to get it off of me.  I fight and I gain more.  I am also on hormones attempting to concieve our 2nd child which doesn't help but the chance of weight gain on this med is less than 1%. 
So where is it all coming from??  I don't eat much but I do know that I can eat (at once) more than i feel I should be able to.  I try to stay away from carbs (which we all LOVE) and still take my protein about everyother day.
I know that since it's been 10 whopping years the chance that my pouch has stretched is pretty good...
what do y'all think?
thanks for any input
Amber Wilson

Are you asking about a revision?  What do you want a revision to?

First thing I would do is get an upper GI and see how big your pouch and stoma is. You really can't go any farther until you know that information.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Ladytazz
on 3/7/11 1:57 pm
I have heard that fertility drugs do lead to weight gain so I don't think it's a coincidence that you have been able to maintain for nearly 10 years and all of the sudden you gain right when you start on fertility drugs.
You said you get your protein every other day? Why not every day? That seems to help me as far as not being hungry.
But like I said I would be surprised if your problem wasn't related to the fertility drugs.
Most Active