Tomorrow is my big day

Amanda S.
on 3/6/11 10:56 pm, edited 3/6/11 10:57 pm - Fairfield, OH
  Well, I've made it! Tomorrow I will be revising from the Lap-Band to RNY. Although the decision to have another surgery was a very difficult one, the actual process of getting approved for surgery was a lot easier than I had imagined. I stressed myself out over nothing. It's been two months to the day that I had my first consultation with Dr. Kerlakian. I thank God every day for the blessings and opportunities he brings me, and this certainly is one of them. I know not everyone who wants wls has insurance that will cover it, and here I am getting my second shot at it. I really do feel like it's a tremendous blessing, so I want to make sure that I do everything to the best of my ability.    

I'm not really nervous at all, but I know that will be an entirely different story tomorrow morning. Fortunately, I can ask for a sedative as soon as I get to the hospital (or at least that's what the anesthesiologist told me).

I'll be checking the message boards when I'm in the hospital, but I don't think my iPhone allows me to respond to posts : (.  
Thanks to all who have answered my questions and wished me well!
SW/CW/GW           340/311/180

I'm 5'8
Lapband 11/2006, Revision to RNY on 3/8/11
kimrat1
on 3/7/11 1:30 am - Warwick, RI
good luck to you!!!!! i am having a revision from vbg to gastric bypass   4/5 so definately know how you are feeling!    i look forward to hearing your progress!!!
TamaraL
on 3/7/11 7:35 am
Good luck!!  I have to say that my revision surgery was much easier because I knew what to expect.

Tamara

Amanda S.
on 3/7/11 12:02 pm - Fairfield, OH
Thank you both for your well wishes!
Most Active