Resleeve experiences??

Melontiwst
on 3/6/11 5:19 am
Anyone  on here had the DS and then had a revision of their sleeve? I have met a few, just trying to gain more experiences from people! Did you have trouble? Loose more weight? Share whatever you want, would be greatly appreicated! I am waiting for insurance approval on my sleeve revision:0) Just wanted to know if anyone else was going through or had gone through it before. Thanks!!
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/6/11 11:21 am - Mexico
On March 6, 2011 at 1:19 PM Pacific Time, Melontiwst wrote:
Anyone  on here had the DS and then had a revision of their sleeve? I have met a few, just trying to gain more experiences from people! Did you have trouble? Loose more weight? Share whatever you want, would be greatly appreicated! I am waiting for insurance approval on my sleeve revision:0) Just wanted to know if anyone else was going through or had gone through it before. Thanks!!

Are you just having it tightened up a bit or is there some other problem?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Melontiwst
on 3/6/11 12:18 pm
They are going to redo my sleeve, make it smaller, so I can loose my excess weight, still have 130lbs to go!
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/6/11 12:37 pm - Mexico
On March 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM Pacific Time, Melontiwst wrote:
They are going to redo my sleeve, make it smaller, so I can loose my excess weight, still have 130lbs to go!

Do you think a smaller sleeve is going to buy you 130#?

I have a friend that had DS.  Well, first she had a band, then a sleeve, then DS.  She hasn't lost a pound.  :o(  I don't know why.  She really does all the right things.

Melontiwst
on 3/7/11 1:50 am
I have talked to three other people who were resleeved. Two of them hit goal afterwards, one has not. She did everything right, but hasn't been able to loose more. It depends on the person.I am moving forward in hope it will take care of the 130lbs.
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 2:24 am - Mexico
On March 7, 2011 at 9:50 AM Pacific Time, Melontiwst wrote:
I have talked to three other people who were resleeved. Two of them hit goal afterwards, one has not. She did everything right, but hasn't been able to loose more. It depends on the person.I am moving forward in hope it will take care of the 130lbs.

I have a question for you.  I was thinking about this when I initially read your post.

My friend that revised from a sleeve to DS and hasn't lost a pound, is it possible her sleeve is too small and she can't eat enough fat?  Could that be the problem?   When she had her sleeve it was intended to be a stand alone procedure.  She went to my surgeon as well as Ungson, they did her surgery together so I know it was done properly.  But my surgeon did her sleeve a couple of years ago and he makes amazingly small and tight sleeves.

Could that be the problem with her?

Melontiwst
on 3/8/11 1:48 am
OH my, I am not sure! I would post that question on the DS board, and mention something about me not knowing so they will understand why you posted it there!! It shouldn't matter, should be able to post anywhere, but I've seen some people, not many but some want people to stick to their own surgery board!! Many DSers are very knowlegeable!!  Look for "Lori Black", she is a DS veteran and knows her stuff!!!! She's my angel and wouldn't of made it thru the process without her!! I am curious to see what they say....
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/11 7:39 am
Do you know what length cc your friend got? I'm really shocked and sorry to hear she hasn't even lost a pound. I assume she's been tested for other potential metabolic issues?
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/8/11 8:28 am, edited 3/8/11 8:28 am - Mexico
On March 8, 2011 at 3:39 PM Pacific Time, Jenna Lynn wrote: Do you know what length cc your friend got? I'm really shocked and sorry to hear she hasn't even lost a pound. I assume she's been tested for other potential metabolic issues?

I want to say 100cm?  She was talking about it pre op and it was awhile ago so I'm really not sure.

This girl seriously works hard.  She honestly does stick to the diet.  She has a personal trainer and although I'm fit I honestly couldn't do the routine she does and she's 100# bigger than I am and 5" shorter.

Aceves doesn't have a mega long track record with DS but Ungson was assisting so you know it was done properly.

I really wish I could do something to help her out even just getting info for her.

I've seen DSers suggest to eat more fat when someone isn't losing well.  I know her so I know she's following everything to the letter but could possibly increasing fat intake help?

I don't know if she's been tested for metabolic issues but she was once over 400# at 5' tall so you gotta think she has some issues going on.

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/11 9:46 am
I can tell you that upping my fat really helped with my loss. Oddly, with the DS, sometimes eating both more protein and fat actually means better loss ( you wouldn't think so from a calories-in, calories-out standpoint, but I've seen it time and again and experienced it firsthand).

One easy thing she could try is adding heavy cream to her protein shakes. It's a good way to get some added fat without too much volume. Also, don't know how much protein she gets, but adding a shake or two and seeing how that goes could help.

P.S. If this is about Eastcoastgal - I miss seeing her on the boards. Whomever it is, I'm sorry she is having such a frustrating time of things. It's just not fair that some folks follow all the rules and ate unlucky. I hope she finds a solution.
Most Active