RNY to Lap Band.

patti72
on 3/7/11 4:28 am - MA
 I went for my consult today for the revision lap band, my ins will not cover it so I am having a upper GI dont on friday to see if my pouch has grown back into my stomach if it has he can do a revision stapling on my RNY and my ins will cover it. I guess for me right now this is my only option..I can not afford to pay out of pocket and the closest DS doctor is in another state. So we shall see but I wish you luck..
Patti
Open RNY 10/06/03
Lost 134pds
Ancor Cut TT 07/18/07

csanddex
on 3/11/11 2:22 pm
I have a bob and have lost 40 lbs. Read some of my previous posts. There is research to support band over bypass unlike the research posted above which speaks only to first time bandsters. The are multiple people on this board who have had success with the bob. This revision board has a tendency to be very negative toward bob and biased toward the ds, which is a good surgery but not the only viable option.
NikkiMarieP
on 3/12/11 10:17 am - Williamsburg, VA
Thanks everyone for your responses. Although a majority of you are extremely negative i was told due to my complication there was only 2 options, the band or the ROSE procedure. I have extensively researched both, however the ROSE procedure is so new and there isnt enough research available. Many doctors dont even perform the procedure yet. There are complications that can arise with any surgery and unfortunately we all take that chance. Im quite sure i made my understanding of that clear to my psychologist when he asked if i was aware of the risks and my response was 'infection and death'. This is the reality we face as those who choose this surgery. I appreciate everyones feedback however i already know my decision is made and i will keep everyone updated with my progress. Surgery is on Thursday March 17!!! :)
Most Active