What do you wish????

ANNI D.
on 3/2/11 6:09 am
For all of you that have had revision or are on the way to revision, do you wish you had gotten a different surgery than you originally had, or did somethng go wrong after a few years and you HAD to get a revision? My main question is for all of you who had vsg, band, rny, ect. Do you wish you had gotten ds in the first place? I'm just trying to make the best decision for my future
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Hislady
on 3/2/11 7:16 am - Vancouver, WA
While I don't think I'd want the DS, too extreme for me, I do wish I had known more about how bad the band was. My doc and his staff kept telling me it would work fine even tho I kept telling them I can hardly exercise and that I was already eating 1000 calories or less a day. I'm not slamming the band but I really think it only works for volume eaters, I'd love to revise to the sleeve but ins. won't cover and I don't have the $$$$ laying around to self pay. So I wait!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/11 9:16 am
I just revised from a band to RNY. I'm glad I had the revision. I had many complications with the band- and had 4 surgeries to correct all of the complications. And all the fills drove me crazy!!! I wish I had the RNY from the beginning. The DS was too scary for me, but I didn't have to loose to much (only 70 lbs) after having the band in for 5 years (I did loose 80 lbs from the band).
Caraat231
on 3/3/11 8:14 am
 I am getting my revision on Monday from Lap-Band to Gastric Bypass. I wish I would have known all the complications of the band. I lost a toal of 70 lbs with the band and I only lost it because the band wouldn't let me hold any liquid or food down 90% of the time. I've been vomiting since Dec 2006 and managed to gain over 110 LBS since Sept 2008 when I took my fill out. I can't wait to get the band removed on Monday. I feel like its my wedding day again, because i'm so excited.

Good Luck with your Choice,

Cara
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/11 8:19 am - Bayonne, NJ
I revised from RNY to DS. I don't find it extreme at all, I find it rather pleasant.

For close to 7 years I spent every day barfing. That's no way to live. I had dumping syndrome, I couldn't eat solid protein sources, and I just had a crappy quality of life. It took a toll on my esophagus and I revised because of esophageal erosion.

I lost but did regain some, as is typical with RNY. With the DS I feel normal. When I go out to eat with friends I don't worry that I'll have to excuse myself due to rampant foaming.  I wish I had more information about the Ds in the beginning, but I don't regret the lighter years I achieved with RNY.
spybo
on 3/19/11 6:13 pm - Houston area, TX
I wish I had never wasted my money revising to the sleeve. 13K out of pocket for nothing.  I've lost 15 pounds.  I should have gotten another band because it worked for me or fought harder for DS.
Most Active