united healthcare?

bashful274
on 3/1/11 2:18 am - Perkasie, PA
 anyone qualify for a revision with this insurance? Im just truly starting my journey with revision, but I can only find bariatric surgery qualifications on my insurance page, not revisions. Im 7 yrs out, gained all the weight back plus some, lost about 30lbs but still about where I was preop, can only eat soft foods, and I am pretty sure I have a stricture. I need to go see a dr about it, I know this. Just putting out my feelers. TIA!!
The journey never ends, it only chooses a new direction
janiey
on 3/1/11 9:42 am - Bland, MO

I had to have emergency surgery in Dec. my band was slipped and UHC paid for this surgery, Someone else on one of the boards said if you went into ER insurance would pay.  I just went to the office, they sent me to Hospital for test and within an hour I was in surgery, Insurance just paid the final bill last week.  Now I'm trying to figure out a way to pay for the band to be replaced.  Dr was unable to replace it at the time because I had a little erosion.  Good luck

mallrat
on 3/1/11 11:07 am - St Peters, MO
I think it depends on each policy with UHC what they will pay for.  I had 2 bands, had slips with both and had revision to the sleeve in Aug 2010.   UHC paid for all my surgeries, with no problem.  I had a total of 4 surgeries.  First band placed, emergency surgery to have that one removed.  Second band placed eight months later.  Then a revision from the band to the sleeve. 
Yolanda P.
on 3/11/11 10:03 am

Hello, I currently have the lapband. I have had a total of 4 surgeries. I am thinking of a revision to the sleeve. Have you had good experience with the sleeve? I too had UHC and they paid for all my surgeries. I now have BCBS healthcare network. So I'm not sure how this will work out.

Yolanda

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/11/11 7:06 am - Mexico
On March 1, 2011 at 5:42 PM Pacific Time, janiey wrote:

I had to have emergency surgery in Dec. my band was slipped and UHC paid for this surgery, Someone else on one of the boards said if you went into ER insurance would pay.  I just went to the office, they sent me to Hospital for test and within an hour I was in surgery, Insurance just paid the final bill last week.  Now I'm trying to figure out a way to pay for the band to be replaced.  Dr was unable to replace it at the time because I had a little erosion.  Good luck

If you eroded with your first band 99.9% of doctors out there will not reband you.  You'll erode again.

Maybe another surgery type?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
janiey
on 3/11/11 1:05 pm - Bland, MO

I doubt that I will be able to have another surgery.  I don't see me being able to do in finacially for quite some time.  So I  have not even thought about another surgery, or started researchng. I had lapband because  I  really did not want anything removed, rerouted   I am trying to maintain but I'm not doing so well  30 lbs gained since Dec.  I am still in the feel sorry for myself stage.  Need a kick in the butt to get me motivated.

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/11/11 1:22 pm - Mexico
On March 11, 2011 at 9:05 PM Pacific Time, janiey wrote:

I doubt that I will be able to have another surgery.  I don't see me being able to do in finacially for quite some time.  So I  have not even thought about another surgery, or started researchng. I had lapband because  I  really did not want anything removed, rerouted   I am trying to maintain but I'm not doing so well  30 lbs gained since Dec.  I am still in the feel sorry for myself stage.  Need a kick in the butt to get me motivated.

I'm so very sorry.

Did you know Starbucks offers WLS on their ins plan?  You don't even need to be full time, just part time.

Sleeves carry far less risk long term than bands do.  Don't discount removing stuff, it is actually safer long term and amazingly, can potentially fix the root problem (ghrelin).

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
shana lewis
on 3/1/11 10:48 pm - TX
I had my revision Feb 7th and I have UHC- it took about 4 days for them to appove it...I guess t depends on which policy you have..I hd an exclusion in my policy for weightloss surgery and Well, I am almost a month out from my revision!!

It can happen...Im parying for you OP!

If you want a friend, show yourself friendly!!

Jo R.
on 3/9/11 10:17 pm - Houston, TX
I also have UHC and took one week for the approval for the revision.  UHC does not publish bariatric doctors, at least from my review and when I called them, they told me you have to call in to ask for an approved doctor.  They told me "I had to use an approved bariatric doctor or they would not pay for the surgery".  I was thankful that Dr. Garth Davis was an approved doctor.

Good luck.
Jo                      
1drmom
on 3/10/11 1:54 am - TX
It all depends on the policy that your employer provides.  I have UHC, but my company added an exclusion to our policy which states that you can only have one bariatric surgery per lifetime.  Since they covered me for a VBG 15 years ago, they would not cover a revision to RNY and I had to pay cash for the whole thing.  I think that really sucks!  But, hear that a lot of companies are adding this exclusion on their policies to save money. 

Hope your policy doesn't have any exclusions!  Good Luck.

Teri Michelena

Most Active