(deactivated member)
on 2/25/11 8:28 am

Well, ladies and gents I get revised on Monday, 02.28.11. Surgery is scheduled for 1p, I have to be at the hospital at 11am. Iam hoping to lose at least 6 more lbs (hopefully I can do it) by Monday morning. Want to be under 300, if I lose those 6lbs, my surgery weight will be 299 :)

shana lewis
on 2/25/11 8:56 am - TX
Congrats! I had a revision on Feb 7th and I feel great!!!! Good luck to you!

If you want a friend, show yourself friendly!!

Biking1
on 2/26/11 12:22 am
Congrats to the original poster--and also to you! I'm having an RNY-to-RNY revision on March 3rd, and it's wonderful to hear from others who are leading the way.

If you don't mind my asking, MrsLewis, how has your weight loss been since your revision? I've heard it can vary-some patients lose well, albeit slowly, but some don't lose any weight at all. I'll be glad not to gain any more, but I have to admit, the thought of not losing anything is a bit disheartening. Selfishly speaking, I'm hoping that's not me.
imaneed2lose
on 2/25/11 10:23 pm
WOW 6 lbs. in two days? Best of luck! Also, what surgery are you revising? and why? Im looking to revise lap band to RNY...thanks!
shele
on 2/25/11 10:27 pm

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

shana lewis
on 2/26/11 3:05 am - TX
I have been losing since the surgery, which is great..yes its slower than at forst, but still Im loosing!!! I cant wait to see what will happen on the next weigh-in...this time around Im losing inches and lots of them!!!

You knw, I dont knock the DS, but people kill me when they keep thrusting DS into your face, like because I didnt revise to DS< Im an idiot...it just saddens me when I see that...

Be prepared for that because some of the DS people on her attack the RNYers soo badly..
 Good luck and see you on the losers side!!!!

Biking1
on 2/27/11 1:09 am
So glad to hear you're making good progress! I think you've got a great attitude, which no doubt helps. :)

As for your second point, I appreciate concern from all corners, but there's a point where boundaries become important. I believe we have the right (and responsibility) to make our own choices--with regard to our surgeries, and those from whom we seek/accept information. Peace...
shana lewis
on 2/27/11 2:19 am - TX
OP- Good luck tommorrow!!!! Im down almost 20 in 3 weeks..just follow what your surgical team tells you....
You are in my prayers!!

terilynn112
on 3/2/11 2:33 am - maryland, NY
You're now post op. Welcome to the losers bench.

I revised from a lapband to an RNY on 1-11-11. I have to say I my RNY. I won't trash the band though.

I have lost 49 pounds in two months (well I still have a few days for two full months). I have had a BUMP in the road, not related to either surgery. I had to have a bowel resection on 2/23, and am back recovering. I'm having some trouble with protein supplimentation. It is not related to the RNY.

I felt great, and will get back there! I had (prior to my emergency surgery), so much energy. I was exercising and finding my way to liking it. I was enjoying the stages of food I'm allowed. I'm on soft solids, and am enjoying chewing foods

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active