Denied from GHI for a revision please help

aanmarie
on 2/24/11 3:34 am - NY
This has really been a horrible day for me.GHI has denied my revision from the crap band to an RNY.This band has never worked for me no matter how many times I had it filled.They say it's not a technical failure that Im the one not following the guidelines.I had this in 06 lost weight from diet not restiction.My port flipped and was fixed but still no restiction.How many painful fills can one take just to have the same result.I have diabetes,arthritus,sleep apnea,asthma and pseudotumor.How much more medical necceisty do they need.It just didn't work for me.There is a peer review set up for tommorow with my doc and GHI.Please pray for them to overturn this for me.Sorry to ramble but after going thru all of this testing again just to be denied has taken it's toll and I need a break.
RedDragonLady
on 2/24/11 4:26 am - Morgantown, WV
Good luck with the peer review. Have you experienced frequent vomiting or heartburn as a result of your band. This could be used to argue medical necessity.
ckb70
on 2/24/11 6:29 am - Morrisville, PA
I'm so sorry to hear this.  I too have the crap band but my insurance approved me as a technical failure.  They looked over all my records to make sure I was compliant.  I really don't know what they believe compliant is other than seeing the doctor and nut.  I hope your peer review goes in your favor.  Keep us posted! 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Most Active