I am ready to scream!!!!

kim W.
on 2/22/11 12:10 am - west des moines, IA
I am so close to walking away from this doctor's office and going to another one. Only issue is the surgeon is one of the best. Grrr

Was starting to get hopeful because the Dr office finally submitted the paper work to Aetna. Then I get a call Monday the 14th. Telling me they denied the procedures and they only knew that they did not submit correct documentation.
I call Aetna on Thursday morning and find out that they did not send the correct information. Like them sending incorrect information about me and not telling them that I have had certain issues for over 10 years. I was livid after hearing about what they did turn in.

Aetna was great. They told me that the doctor's office has 14 days to turn in the information that is needed and they would not have to do an appeal. Wonderful right.....
Call the Dr office on Thursday, still have not gotten a call back, but did get an email stating they are waiting for the denial letter so they can do an appeal. I am so angry.

They have been pushing my buttons since I first started this ordeal.
First they tell me that first of the year they are submitting to insurance.
Call mid Jan they tell me they are doing it then.
Call again because Aenta says they have gotten nothing.
They submitted to the wrong insurance....Lovely
Have them change this to only be told they do not have my insurance card information. Which I gave them in Dec and hand wrote the information in the file they have.
Find they are only submitting the bare minimum to the insurance. Because they keep requesting more information. Delaying it even more.
Takes them way to long to any task, even call backs.

Grrrr Back in Dec I was promised this would be done and surgery in February....Now they cant get there asses together to even show some compassion.
Has it been that they have done so many straight an narrow that when someone different comes along they play dumb....
Thanks for listening

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

jokenaround
on 2/22/11 6:54 am
I am so sorry!  They really don't understand and refuse to.  I'd like to see them on the other end of the phone being told all of that.  I went to the doctor and was told my surgery would be April 4th.  Something told me to check and good thing I did.  Somehow I never got on the schedule and now I have to wait 3 1/2 more weeks because someone wasn't doing their job correctly.  And who pays.....we do.  When I asked what would of happened if I hadn't discovered this......you would have been scheduled again......2-3 months even later!  I was so upset and she was just not the least bit concerned about how I felt.  I don't know how the doctor stands for this kind of treatment to his patients.  Its his livelyhood!  Good Luck getting this done.
kim W.
on 2/22/11 9:10 am - west des moines, IA
Thank you! Sucks that your date had to be changed. I know for sure I would have screamed and cried at that one.

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

Most Active