I just had my revision 2/14/11

lescha3377
on 2/18/11 9:39 pm - Charlotte, NC
 6 Days ago. I had the lap band, it did wonderful for me. But, my husband kept getting laid off at his job. And of course getting laid off meant no insurance. I had some problems with my band. Somehow, I would develop GERD and the band would get tighter. Sometimes so tight, I couldnt eat or drink for a few days. And I would have to get the adjustment taken out. I lost 100 pounds, and I got it back in June 08. I was still losing, but then my husband lost his job again, and so my doctor told me that he was going to take the fill all the way out, So, all that time, I gained about 60 over the year back, I wanted something more permanent. So I got Gastric Bypass. Now Im wondering if I should have done it. I am scared over every little thing. I have other posts on here stating my fears, and everything. I fear something bad will happen, and I am always wondering if today I will die. And that is not healthy. I dont want it to be. I had my bypass surgery this past valentines day. I had to get a new surgeon to do it. So what do I do now? Wait and hope for the better? How many of you had this revision lapband to bypass? Please I want to hear from all of you!!
patti72
on 2/19/11 9:25 am - MA
 First of all relax, and try to set your fears aside and concentrate on your diet, that is key..Do what the doctor tells you to do and think about you and your new beginning. I had a gastric bypass in 03 and now I am regretting gaining back 60pds. I let myself go with my husbands job loss and stress, now i am gonna have a revision to a lap band. You need to stay focused and the weight will come off and you will fell like a new you and life just has a way to fall into place, good luck and you are the main goal, you didn't do this for nothing. Stay strong..
Patti
Open RNY 10/06/03
Lost 134pds
Ancor Cut TT 07/18/07

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 2:22 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Patti!  Just wanted to give you a shout-out...I had the band-over-bypass revision in 5/09 and it has been wonderful so far.  Is this what you are having done or are they reversing your RNY completely prior to placing the band?  Best of luck to you either way and please know that I am here if you need support!

ckb70
on 2/19/11 8:15 pm - Morrisville, PA

Relax...you've made it through the hardest part now.  You are going to make yourself sick, 1 week is not enough time to recover and I'm sure you are still in pain.  Please watch yourself, if you find you are getting to depressed please seek help! 

You are going to do well. 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Most Active