revision from a loop gastric RNY to RNY

Sandi_b_12709
on 2/16/11 7:51 pm - MN
Hello I had a open loop gastric by pass in 1980 and then I had a Revision open RNY on Jan 27,2009 , after my first surgery I lost around 126 lbs in 6 months time, I stablized for around 5 years at 130 lbs then in early 90's I my weight started creeping up and I was 20 lbs shy of my start weigth then out of the clear blue I started losing weight without trying nausea vomiting, neurological symptoms, hand tremors, seizure type symptoms, mental confusion, etc I ended up in the hospital where they kept stating I was having aniexty attacks and I would not except that diagnosis, I was criticaly low in my potasium after I was loaded up with fluids, I had a neurologist ask me what I thought was my problem I told him I think it is my wt loss surgery that I had done he refered me to the UofMN physicians and there they listen to me I had the revision surgery and yes I did have serious complications due to a leak I had develop ARDS and was in ICU for 5 weeks, My symptoms did go away and yes I did gain some weight back but now 2011 there are other problems I am having back pain and I my remnant stomach is full of fluid and it is distended and I have a g tube placed for drainage. My surgeon is thinking I may have to have the old stomach removed. I am not sure what is happening
Sandi B
Hislady
on 2/17/11 5:59 am - Vancouver, WA
Goodness so sorry you are having such a rough time, don't have any answers for you but will say a prayer that the docs can find a solution to your issues. Hang in there and hopefully it will be resolved soon!
ckb70
on 2/17/11 7:53 am - Morrisville, PA

So sorry to hear all of this...it is very distressing to say the least.  I will keep you in my prayers also. 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Sandi_b_12709
on 3/11/11 8:28 pm - MN
I am so frustrated, I still have this G tube in my belly, since 2/1/2011 and my docs are still searching to see what can be wrong, I have had x- ray , CT , MRI, now I am having a upper Endoscopy and lower they are going to go thru the G tube site with a pediatric scope camera. I have that done on the 22nd of March. I hope this will be the end of my journey, but I have a feeling that this is actually the begining again. This pain I have is so different it is unbelieveable! Does anyone have any thoughts , if so please share.
Sandi B
Sandi_b_12709
on 2/17/11 9:00 am - MN
Thank you for your support and prayers
Sandi B
Most Active