band to rny ..

janice A.
on 2/15/11 10:32 am - san angelo, TX
ok so i am  new to this board. I am trying to get my revision to RNY .. same usual problems w/ band too tight too loose not a happy camper. Since i was vomiting daily my doc took out all the saline then said I want u to loose 8lbs by the next time i see you.. Well how the heck??? I gained 4lbs that i have not been able to get rid of.. I drink enough water even went on liquid diet but no luck.. my biggest fear is that he will think iam not doing my best. :( 

Did you have to loose before your revision? If so, how did you do it?

Frustrated in TX

Janice

Thanks in Advance for your feedback..

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/11 8:47 pm - Bayonne, NJ
I revised from RNY to the DS, so it was a different story. However, yes, my doctor wanted me to lose weight before the revision. I went on a low-carb liquid diet for 10 days. It was tough but I did manage to lose. I wish you well with your revision.
terilynn112
on 2/16/11 12:57 am - maryland, NY
Janice,

the best I can suggest is the liquid diet the other poster suggested.

I will tell you this... going band to bypass has been the best decision I've ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

imaneed2lose
on 2/16/11 8:43 am
I'm loving your ticker and so proud to see a lap band to RNY person succeeding! I had my psych and NUT appointment today.  They both said they will file the report recommending we proceed with surgery.I might become a fellow "revisionist" soon! Hope to do as well as you are!
terilynn112
on 2/16/11 9:08 am - maryland, NY
I didn't have to loose. My team feels that if the band wasn't right, it wasn't right.

anyway, thanks for the feedback... yes I've been successful with the RNY this far... I have hit my first plateau, but I knew it was coming... so I'm working through it. My surgeon's pa played a game with me... and it seems to be helping. I had to maintain my weight within a few pounds. And the weight fell off the first month.

There are a lot of us revisions to rny over on the rny board. You might want to post there.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

ckb70
on 2/17/11 7:43 am - Morrisville, PA
Hi Janice,
I just got approved to remove my Realize Band...I did not have to lose any weight.   I will have to go on a liquid diet 5 days before surgery but that is it.  Good luck to you! 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Most Active