BAND FAILURE

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/11 11:44 am - ewing, NJ
I FEEL LIKE A LOSER COMPLETELY I WAS BANDED IN 2005 AT 266LBS.
I LOST 30LBS IN THE 1ST MONTH AND 1 MONTH AFTER THAT I BECAME PREGNANT MY SURGEON UNFILLED ME DURING MY PREGNANCY I DELIVERED WEIGHING 296LBS!!!
AFTER CHILDBIRTH MY LOWEST WEIGHT HAS BEEN 210LBS. I CAN PRETTY MUCH EAT WHAT I WANT. ITS THE SAME AS PRE OP. IN ORDER TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT I HAVE TO EXERCISE AND TAKE DIET PILLS!!!! IM NOW AT 232LBS THATS 13LBS SINCE LAST WINTER . I NEED AN INTERVENTION BEFORE THIS GETS OUTTA HAND. RIGHT NOW I AM BACK ON ADIPEX TRYING TO LOOSE THER WEIGHT. I WANT A REVISION BUT I DONT KNOW TO WHAT. I AM NOT AN OVER EATER I JUST MAKE THE WRONG FOOD CHOICES. I DONT THINK THE LAP BAND WAS THE CORRECT SURGERY FOR ME BUT MY BMI WAS LOW BECAUSE I AM 5"10"/////PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!!! ALSO DO MOST INSURANCE COMPANIES PAY FOR REVISIONS?????

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 12:25 am - Bayonne, NJ
Please don't feel like  failure. The band has one of the highest failure rates - the band failed you.

I had Horizon BCBS NJ Direct Access and they paid for my revision. Dr. Greenbaum in Willingboro was in network and everything was covered 100%. He is well-versed in revisions. You might want to speak to him about which surgery is best for you, since you're not that far from him. I wouldn't go back to the same person who pushed the wrong surgery type onto you. 

Best of luck to you and please don't feel so down.
jerseydr12
on 2/13/11 8:30 am
Hi,

I have Horzone Blue Cross Blue Shield and the Band has been an complete and total failure, what have you revised to and how was the process?

thank you,
Maura
MARIA F.
on 2/13/11 11:34 am - Athens, GA
On February 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM Pacific Time, jerseydr12 wrote:
Hi,

I have Horzone Blue Cross Blue Shield and the Band has been an complete and total failure, what have you revised to and how was the process?

thank you,
Maura

The CRAP BAND does NOT work for most ppl! Very ineffective WLS! Please pay it forward and start going to the Lap Band forum and posting about your band experience. Ppl NEED to hear these stories! Don't u wish someone had told U BEFORE u got the band what the band was really like?!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/11 12:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
I didn't have a band, I had RNY, but the procedures were all the same.

BCBS wanted me to go through the same hoops they did the first time around. I had to have an upper GI, a psych eval, 6 months supervised diet with monthly documentation, consult with a dietician, and proof of compliance. For mechanical failure they waive a lot of that, but I went through it anyway just in case. I was approved early because of esophageal erosion.

I made sure to get all my ducks in order. I went for a sleep study, submitted the results of the endoscopy as well as the upper GI, the diet history, etc. My PCP was great about it all. I started the revision ball rolling in August, had most of my testing done by the beginning of September, and had surgery on Dec. 21.
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 3:24 am - ewing, NJ
Thanks and thats funny because I actually I am seeing Dr. Greenbaum on Wednesday so hopefully he will give some good advice!!!!! Thanks Again
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 3:26 am - Bayonne, NJ
All the best, let us know how things turn out. :)
MARIA F.
on 2/13/11 11:33 am - Athens, GA

The CRAP BAND does NOT work for most ppl! Very ineffective WLS! Please pay it forward and start going to the Lap Band forum and posting about your band experience. Ppl NEED to hear these stories! Don't u wish someone had told U BEFORE u got the band what the band was really like?!

FormerlyFluffy.com

terilynn112
on 2/13/11 8:07 pm - maryland, NY
Do you have that someplace so you can just copy and paste it?? You post that exact same wording to EVERYONE that has problems with their band.

I know several (local) people that have done well with the band. It just wasn't right for me.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

MARIA F.
on 2/14/11 1:52 am - Athens, GA

Yes I do Teri. B/c I think we all need to help out those that are considering the band so they can make an INFORMED decision about it. Do u really think that if most bandsters knew in ADVANCE what they typical band experience is REALLY like that they would still get the band???

Most do NOT do well with the band long term. I am glad your friends have...........but then again that doesn't mean they will continue to do so long term!

If u care about ppl...........then help them out and share your band experience on the Lap Band forum.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active