I Got Approved !!!

zetabeans
on 2/12/11 5:40 am - Atlanta, GA
After a big run around and having to do a 3 month pre-surgery weight loss progam... I got approved for a Gastric Sleeve. I know there are plenty of DS and RNY advocates, but I had lap-band errison and this is my only option because of the 'margins'. I am so happy. I lost 94 lbs with my lap-band. I actually liked it! I hit my goal size and was almost to my goal weight. The errison was a surprise for me and my surgeon. They were supposed to be fixing my port and when the opened me up they discovered that the band was 70% inside my stomach.

I began to gain wieght after I got parvo virus (not from my dog) and a strange sinus infection. I was on steriods for 3 months. I started gaining weight. I went back to diet and exercise, but it was just like before the first surgery... lose 15 gain 20, lose 10 gain 15.

I am happy. I can now complete my journey. All my doctors agree that I have been a good patient. I exercise and I follow instruction to the point of being a little nutty. Even without the band I still find myself counting grapes, sips, bits and calories. I was very angry for a long time and then I simply became determined. I am determined to make this surgery successful and I am determined to make sure my surgeon and his staff listen. I refuse to have issues with this surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/11 6:19 pm
Wonderful! I wish you all the luck in the world.

I had an RNY five years ago, lost 125 lbs. then gained 100 back. It was because of long term steroid treatment. I've had other problems with my RNY, of which I'm too lazy to detail at this time (It's 3 AM here, I'm tired!) and I'm looking into DS revision.

I was told by my original surgeon, who does not perform DS incidentally, that they could put a band around my pouch.

I don't think so.

I can't believe your band had grown into your stomach! That's scary!

I hope things work out for you.

Lynda
D. Scott
on 2/13/11 10:39 am
RNY with
Congratulations on your approval!! Can you tell me what your BMI was when you submitted for the revision and if you dont mind can you please share your experience surrounding the erosion?

I am having some current troubles with my band which may turn out to be an ulcer or it may be erosion. I have been happy with my band for the last near two years so I would hate to have to have it removed.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

zetabeans
on 2/24/11 11:13 am - Atlanta, GA
It was 34, I had to do the 3 month weight loss program so it was dropping back down as I worked to stop my weight gain.

I was happy with my band as well so I know exactly how you feel.
Most Active