FAILES BANDSTER LOOKING FOR REVISION

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 9:00 am - ewing, NJ
HELLO EVERYONE. I WAS BANDED BACK IN 2005 AT 266LBS. I DROPPED DOWN TO 230 IN 2 MONTHS. I ALSO BECAME PREGNANT AND HAD TO BECOME UNFILLED DURING MY PREGNANCY IN 2006 I DELIVERED WEIGHING 296LBS. AFTER CHILDBIRTH I DROPPED DOWN TO 220LBS. SO THESE PAST 3 YEARS MY WEIGHT HAS BEEN UP AND DOWN. I WAS ABLE TO GET DOWN TO 210 LAST WINTER. NOW I AM PRESENTLY UP TO 232. I WILL ADMIT I HAVENT BEEN SEEING MY SURGEON REGULARLY. I HAVE JUST GIVEN UP ON THE BAND AND WANTS SOMETHING ELSE......I FEEL TERRIBLE LIKE A FAILURE!!!!! IS IT HARD TO GET AN INSURANCE COMPANY TO APPROVE YOU FOR A REVISION???? THANKS
terilynn112
on 2/13/11 8:01 pm - maryland, NY
depends on your insurance. Look into it. Don't allow the band to beat you down.... The band fails a lot of us.

I'm a band to rny revision, and loving life!

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

pmartinez
on 2/16/11 11:39 pm
I got the lap band in May 2010 and I have only lost 9lbs. I also have been having so much discomfort. I met up with a new surgeon Dr. Casillas for a removal and a possibly VSG. I'm hoping everything looks good and he is able to do the removal and the VSG on the same day. I dont want to have to go back for another surgery. I'm really scared but I'm also happy that I wont be having this chest pain everytime I eat. The  lap band was not a good surgery for me. I have been schedual to have surgey March 13.  I am praying that everything turns our to be okay and that I come home safe to my kids.
_rebecca
on 2/17/11 11:56 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
If your band is defective in any way or if you are still obese after two years, a revision will usually be approved.  I just had my revision from the band to the sleeve.  I had several complications with my band:  leak, slip, tubing that broke in half in my body and caused extreme pain.  Now I have the sleeve and I LOVE it!  It is so great to lose weight and have restriction.  I felt like a failure too until I realized the band failed me.  I am successful with the sleeve and I couldn't be happier.  I would find a revision doctor and see what your options are.
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/11 11:30 pm - ewing, NJ
Hello Everyone I went on my consult with Dr.Greenbaum and he gave me terrible news!!! He said that my BMI is too low and I dont have any co-morbid conditons for approval for revision surgery. He introduced me to his partner that does the lapband and wants me to give the band a try again. So I am going back in next Monday to get a fill. He also said that I didnt gain the weight I had lost back........So I am not happy!!!!!
teri0021
on 2/18/11 2:05 am - Arvada, CO
RNY on 08/25/14
Hello!  Good luck with "working" your band again.  Mine eroded in '09, and I miss it terribly.  I await some miracle in order to revise - but while you have your band, WORK IT! 

Thinking of you!
Teri

ladychuggs34
on 2/18/11 10:27 am
Hi,
I was banded in 2005 and never really lost much maybe about 30 pds. And like you I got pregnant in 2007 and had to take the fluid out. I never seemed to take that weight off even with attempts of getting fills to find that "sweet spot". I decided to have revision surgery and was approved this past Thursday. The process seemed pretty easy and went quick. I had a psych eval and nutrition eval to update my records. I am using the same surgeon who did my band. I currently weigh 272 and 5'8 1/2. I do have co-morbid risk factors as well. My surgery was approved by the insurance company within one week. Just wanted to give you an idea how things went for me. Wish you just as much success.
Most Active