This made me very sad.....

CindyLyn
on 2/11/11 12:56 am - Evadale, TX
My five yr old has not been eating the lunch I make for her to take to school each day.  When I have asked her in past about it she just says..."I'm so full from breakfast I can't eat... my breakfast is stuck in my tummy.."  So, I have been giving her half a sandwich, half a banana, and have the amount of goldfish thinking this would be  the right amount for her to have.
This morning her daddy confronted her when she was eating breakfast about her lunch bag still having more than half the food in it... this is what she told him.. "Daddy, every time I try to eat something at school it gets stuck!  I can't get anything down anymore!!  This band is killing me!!"
OMGoodness.....  I have *****ed and moaned so much about My band problems that she has picked up on it.  Little ears are always listening!!  I have turned my problem into her problem it feels like.  She broke my heart with that statement.  I am so glad I have made the decision to get this thing out of me!! Whether I have revision or not.. I am so happy to have finally decided enough is enough...   thanks for letting me vent.
terilynn112
on 2/11/11 4:33 am - maryland, NY
I'm so sorry... it will be better. Which surgery are you considering?

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

CindyLyn
on 2/11/11 5:00 am - Evadale, TX
Thank you Teri.... I am looking into both Sleeve and Bypass.  I guess I will make up my mind once I talk with the surgeon.  They both seem to have good results.
_rebecca
on 2/17/11 12:06 pm, edited 2/17/11 12:07 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Awww...my girls have repeated comments they have heard me say about my weight.  It is hard not to complain with the band, though!  I recently revised to the sleeve and I love it.  It has made my whole family healthier because now I can actually eat good foods and I cook them more.  I hope you can get your revision soon.  Good luck!
Caraat231
on 3/3/11 10:12 am
Wow, I don't have children but that broke my heart. I'm having revision surgery on Monday from band to bypass. I'm so excited to get the band out of me because it makes my life awful at times. Pure Hell..

Hope to get revision,

Cara
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/5/11 5:40 am - Mexico
On February 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM Pacific Time, CindyLyn wrote:
My five yr old has not been eating the lunch I make for her to take to school each day.  When I have asked her in past about it she just says..."I'm so full from breakfast I can't eat... my breakfast is stuck in my tummy.."  So, I have been giving her half a sandwich, half a banana, and have the amount of goldfish thinking this would be  the right amount for her to have.
This morning her daddy confronted her when she was eating breakfast about her lunch bag still having more than half the food in it... this is what she told him.. "Daddy, every time I try to eat something at school it gets stuck!  I can't get anything down anymore!!  This band is killing me!!"
OMGoodness.....  I have *****ed and moaned so much about My band problems that she has picked up on it.  Little ears are always listening!!  I have turned my problem into her problem it feels like.  She broke my heart with that statement.  I am so glad I have made the decision to get this thing out of me!! Whether I have revision or not.. I am so happy to have finally decided enough is enough...   thanks for letting me vent.

I have a banded friend and her 3 year old daughter thinks it's funny to mimick her Mom and act like she's vomiting.  She leans over, makes a vomiting sound, and then starts laughing.

To top that off, my friend has gained 50# with the band.  I'm not blaming the band in her case, I'm blaming Chocolate.

I'd seriously look at the sleeve.  With RNY you are only going to malabsorb for 6-24 months and then you'll be eating like a sleeved person anyway.  Sleeves are the safest surgery long term.

MOST of all, NO MORE pouch and dreaded stoma!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active