1 1/2 year postop RNY revision 7lb weight gain

Nanook609
on 2/9/11 9:27 am
So I revised from Lap Band to RNY over a year and a half ago will be 2 years this June and was wondering how people have dealt with weight gain after you stopped losing.  I stopped losing six months after my surgery and was fine with that due to my age etc...but since last fall have started to creep up in the poundage department about 7 pounds.  I'm trying not to be worried or paranoid but wanted some suggestions on dealing with it.

In some respects I've never dieted and tried to eat when hungry and I still exercise.  I"m also perimenopausal if that matters or if it's just an excuse!  I am afraid to diet because it ends up backfiring on me and then I'm afraid I'll gain even more.

I've heard that you sort of have set point after you lose your initial weight and it can creep up some but just thought I'd ask others how they dealt with it or avoided it or whatever.  I'm OK at this weight but would rather it not go on any further, thanks Nanook!
lulew
on 7/2/11 3:04 am - CA
I am almost 3 years post op roux n y and have weight gain creeping as well and would like to know what to do. I am also relapsing on nutrition and exercise. As if I have lost the will since the weight gain.
Most Active