Approved within hours! Bye-bye band!

genepha
on 2/10/11 8:31 am
Congratulations!!
I just revised from a band to gastric plication.
I'm sure you will be very happy and successful!
pmartinez
on 2/14/11 11:56 pm
Hi,

Just wondering for your revision when you got your band remove did they also do gastric plication on the same day or did you have to go back? I currently have the band and I have had nothing but complications with it. I'm also getting a revision to the sleeve. I'm just wondering if they do the procedure all in the same day. 
genepha
on 2/15/11 12:04 am
Hi,
Yes they did everything in one surgery. My band was removed and my dr. did the plication. I was in the hospital for only 1 night. 
genepha
imaneed2lose
on 2/10/11 9:35 am
Hi,
Ive been on these boards lately as I contemplate a change from Lap Band to RNY.  I saw my original lap band surgeon *****fered me to another dr that does RNY. I met her last week and they called my insurance to find out what I needed to do. Well, I have the coverage and I also need to visit the dietician and the psych. Then a week later an appt with the surgeon.  I am so scared are you? Im afraid that RNY wont help me lose weight either....talk to me.
Amanda S.
on 2/10/11 9:48 pm - Fairfield, OH
I have the same fear as well. I know it's not really rational though. I was so sure the lap-band was going to work, and when it didn't it really crushed me emotionally and mentally. I had prepared myself to the thinner, and thinking life was going to change, but it didn't. So now it's hard to imagine that anything could work. The majority of me is excited though, and is thinking positively about it. Mostly, what I fear is complications........ and if I'll need NSAIDS later in life. I've done so much research, soul searching, and praying. I've made the decision I think is best for me. Whenever I get doubts, I just remember that.
Most Active