Approved within hours! Bye-bye band!

Amanda S.
on 2/10/11 12:01 am - Fairfield, OH
  Okay......I'm so excited everyone! I was approved for surgery yesterday!!!! It is so crazy. The surgeon's office submitted the information for pre-cert about a month ago, but Aetna asked for additional documentation. So I saw the dietician, mental health provider, and an exercise physiologist. The nurse and dietician wrote up nice letters and submitted them yesterday morning, and by yesterday afternoon I was approved. WTG Aetna!!! I've heard they are really quick with their approvals/denials, but I never expected it within hours!   I see the dietician for my two week diet, and have the pre-op visit with Dr. K on 2/25......and I am getting my pre-op physical on 3/10. I'm scheduled to have my surgery March 15th. I could've had it in two weeks if I wanted, but I needed more time. I've got to get my back up ready at work, and get stuff together on the home-front. My daughter's first birthday party is on 2/27, I paid a lot of money for it, and it's going to be really special. I don't want to be in pain for that.   I see the dietician for my two week diet, and have the pre-op visit with Dr. K on 2/25......and I am getting my pre-op physical on 3/10.   I really didn't think I'd be able to post such a thing, because I thought I would not get approved. Here I am though. After lots and lots of prayer! If you're waiting to be approved, take that as a lesson, to keep the faith : )   Thank you all for your support and answering my questions......I'm sure I'll have plenty more to come!
nortone
on 2/10/11 12:45 am
Yay!! So happy for you!! What are you revising to?? I too, can't wait to get this band out :)
Amanda S.
on 2/10/11 12:51 am - Fairfield, OH
Thank you so much! I'm revising to RNY. I know that's like a curse word for DSers, but it's better for me and my situation.  Where are you in your process nortone?
SHEILA4
on 2/10/11 1:11 am - NEWTON, TX
I am so happy for you Amanda i to have got a surgery date it is the 24th of this month.....I will be revising to RNY also.  Hope to be on the losers bench togther.....
Amanda S.
on 2/10/11 1:38 am - Fairfield, OH
That's awesome Sheila! Good luck. I hope all goes well : )
nessa3678
on 2/10/11 6:03 am - LA
Congrats!  I revised from band to RNY 6/29/10 and pretty much at my goal weight already!  You will be so happy!  Good luck to you!  Keep us posted on your journey!
    1st goal reached in 6 months!                     
    2nd and final goal to reach by 4/29/11...(10 months post-op)
Kathleen W.
on 2/10/11 7:34 am - Lancaster, PA
Great news!  You have to do what's best for you.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Michelle F.
on 2/10/11 7:44 am
Congratulations!  I was just approved for a revision to a VSG!  I can't wait to have the band out and be sleeved!

Good luck!
Nic M
on 2/14/11 2:27 pm
I'm so happy for you, Michelle! 
I'm looking into a sleeve revision, too. My insurance won't pay, so I'm looking into my options.

Hope all goes well for you, my friend!
xoxo

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Michelle F.
on 2/14/11 10:28 pm
Thank you Nicci, I'm praying you can find a way to sleeve.

I'll keep you posted!
Most Active