How to lose 173lbs in 6 months ((PICS))

_Leslie_
on 2/6/11 1:03 pm - Franklin, WI
Do what I did.... Choose the Duodenal Switch!!!

First things first, Here is my last update:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4261351/Century-Club-12-weeks-and-one-day-PICS/page,1/action,replies/topic_id,4261351/

That update was when I entered century club. Since that update, I've lost an additional 73lbs.

6 months ago I weighed 448lbs and my BMI was 64.3 Today I weigh 275lbs and my BMI is 39.5   This morning, I weighed 275lbs. HOLY CRAPOLA!!!  SERIOUSLY!! I feel like in a blink of an eye I go from over 400lbs to 200's... I think to myself.. where did the 300's go???

Let me share a few things with you guys

#1) When someone asks how much I have lost... Or how much I currently weigh... I HAVE TO LOOK AT MY PHONE!!! Seriously!!! I can seriously never remember. I could have just weighed myself that morning, entered that weight into my phone, figured out my % lost and BMI, but I'll still forget it. I guess I'm just traveling way too fast down the scale and my brain can't keep up! *gosh such a pain in the ass* LoL I say that SO sarcastically! 

#2) I have an awesome relationship with food. No foods are off limits to me. I eat a high protein and fat, medium complex carb and low simple carb diet. The only "diet" or sugar free things I do is Diet Soda and sugar free popsicles. I didn't begin drinking soda until about a month ago. I don't drink as much as I did pre op, my main source of fluids is flavored water (crystal light or walmart brand knock off). Sugar free popsicles, I have no idea why, but I'm currently addicted. I was addicted immediately post op, then I didn't touch them for a few months, now I'm back at them.  

#3) I do not feel like I am on a diet. Not at all. Seriously, this is by far, the easiest way I have ever in my life lost weight. And believe me, my parents took me to a registered dietitian when I was 7 years old. I know ALL there is to know about dieting.  I remember being in 1st grade and PRAYING TO GOD EVERY NIGHT to PLEASEEEEEEEE help me lose weight!! Pretty pretty please, I'll do absolutely anything. Seriously. Every. Night.  

#4) I tend towards constipation so I eat all the fat I can get my hands on. I put butter on and in everything, and I love it. I eat cheese on or with everything. I have 7 different kinds of cheese in my compartment in the refrigerator (yes, I get my own compartment, my family is NOT allowed to eat my medically necessary foods!!)  

#5) I can now use a normal person blood pressure cuff..... that tells the doc my blood pressure is PERFECT and I'm ON NO BP MEDS!  

#6) I've gotten 3 periods in a row and I can tell that I'm getting #4 (like, seriously today or tomorrow) which is a GREAT thing considering a whole year prior to my DS, I only had 2 periods!!  

#7) I shave my legs nearly every day. I would go looooong periods of time pre-DS, thinking it was unnecessary.... when really, the task was way too difficult. I now shave with ease!!!  

#8) The second week of January 2011 I began doing swim aerobics at the YMCA. This is the first time I'm working out since the DS. I LOVE IT!!!! I do it about 4 or 5 times a week. I look forward to it!!!

Alright let me shut up and show the pics!---

First Row-- An Hour Before Surgery
Second Row-- Century Club Baby (I lost 100lbs)
Third Row-- 6mo. post op (173lbs lost)

(I am wearing the same shirt in all the pics, but I havent been able to find those pants. Today I am wearing a pair of Old Navy yoga pants in size XXL. Meaning, I went to an Old Navy store, who no longer sells plus size clothing in stores, and picked up a pair on the rack, XXL. Yea, I like it)

Well, I wanted to include some pics of what I eat now that I'm 6 months out from surgery. So this is a pic of a typical breakfast of mine. Two hard boiled eggs and bacon dipped in mayo and hot sauce.   (There was nothing left to photo, LoL)

And this is a typical lunch of mine. This was a "build your own burrito" at work, I had mine in a to go container minus the flour tortilla. It took me about 40mins to eat.

I drink  four 1.5scoop Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack Chocolate shakes a day. It took A LONG time for me to develop this habit. My trick... LOTS of shaker cups available (I bought a ton for at home, at work, in my car) I keep a tub of protein powder at home and a tub at work, and a few scoops in my car. I have it readily available so I never have an excuse not to have it.

I also keep boxes of OH Yeah Protein Wafer bars in my car. There are currently two boxes in my car, and I have 4 bars in my office, and 3 bars in my room.  If I'm hungry (like after the gym) I almost always NOM on a OH Yea protein wafer bar.

Same thing with the vites folks! Develop your routine and stick to it. It's not a big deal. Besides, I had this life changing surgery so I can live a healthy awesome quality life!!

I am so incredibly happy with my weight loss. I chose the best surgery for me. I'm soooo glad I researched my options. I found out about the DS, abot 2 weeks before my scheduled RNY! seriously, I had all my pre op testing stuff done. Whew.

There are so many studies that show the DS is the statistically better surgery for a person to have, especially if their BMI is over 50. Please read this site and investigate ALL your options before having surgery  www.dsfacts.com

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1856567/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20967827
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20035530

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Prtyblkbtrfly D.
on 2/6/11 2:53 pm - Jackson, MS
Congrats on your results

Considering revision to DS but must find qualified surgeon 1st.

Darchell

_Leslie_
on 2/9/11 2:22 am - Franklin, WI
Thank you!

You would want to look into two surgeons... Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Keshishian... they are both in CA

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      

smileyjamie72
on 2/8/11 6:22 am - Palmer, AK

Awsome Job!!!!!

You are one HOT LOOKIN' BABE!!!!!!!

Keep Rockin' that DS!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

_Leslie_
on 2/9/11 2:23 am - Franklin, WI
Thank you Jamie!!

Good luck on your revision!!!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      

lauralisi
on 2/9/11 9:04 am - Dona Ana, NM
You look grrrrrrrreat 
_Leslie_
on 2/9/11 10:18 am - Franklin, WI
thank you

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 3:42 am

omg!!! 173lbs in 6mths, unbelievable. I am currently pre-op to have a revision done hopefully in March. I hope I am as successful as you are with your revision. Btw, add me as a friend.

Lyne

Most Active