Does anyone know anything about Dr. Steven Simper from SLC, Utah?

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 9:13 am
Hi all,

In 2005 I had a RNY procedure. I lost all the weight but now I've gained all but fifteen pounds of it back. The fact that I was on steroid treatment for two years, that was out of control and not managed by any doctor (Long story. I lost my doctor, insurance dropped him, and I spent months staying on the steroid and looking for a decent doctor. 'Nough said.)

I also suspect that there might be a problem with my pouch and/or stoma, since I feel like food just passes through my pouch.

I've been looking into DS and I'm thinking that might be a better option for me, but my concern is, who is a good surgeon?

On the DS board I was advised to check out dsfacts.com and look at their list of surgeons, and Dr. Steven Simper is the only one in Utah who came up.

Ok, so I guess he can do the DS procedure, but can he do a revision from RNY to DS? After all the surgeries I've had and all the problems I've had (Again, long story. I had problems related to my reproductive organs.) I'm terrified of going under the knife again. What if I have complications? What if I'm bedridden for weeks on end? What if I die???

I saw a thread somewhere on this site where a person said there are only five surgeons in the entire US who can do revisions from RNY to DS. Dr. Simper isn't one of them. This person also said that it's possible to go into surgery thinking you're getting the DS, but not get the DS at all.

Well, that just adds to my anxiety. Sheesh!

What am I supposed to think?

Lynda

smileyjamie72
on 2/11/11 6:07 am - Palmer, AK

Did you post a Dr. Simper question on the DS board?  I know there are a few people who post on the DS board who had him as their surgeon.

Good Luck!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active