Anybody had VBG to RYN revision

SHEILA4
on 2/7/11 1:00 am - NEWTON, TX

Thank you so much .....Please let me know how it turns out i will be having my surgery on Feb 24 th. Dr Felix Spegeil is my Dr he is out of Houston also. How long did it take u do get ur approval thru Dr Garth and ur insurance. Dr Spegeil didnt require me to attend any of the siminars since i had already been through it all with the VBG. I have a really good friend who used Dr Garth for the RNY but it was her first surgery and she had to do the 3 mth Dr assisted diet for him and her insurance company. Stay in touch......sheila

1drmom
on 2/8/11 2:27 am - TX
I heard about Dr. Speigle too.....he is supposed to be one of the best.  I was deciding between him and Dr. Davis.  I have been thru and insurance nightmare.  I have United Health Care and just as I finished all my steps to send in the paperwork, my company decided to add an 'exclusion' to our insurance policy.  Now, they will only cover 1 bariatric surgery PER LIFETIME.  What a crock!  I fought with them for about a year....going thru all the appeals process....but no luck.  So... I sold my house and am paying cash for the surgery.... some things in life are just too important....and my health is one of them.  I can always buy another house, right?!  Anyway, I am so excited that it is now only a  week away.  Dr. Davis has put me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery just as a precaution.... it isn't too bad.  I'm getting really nervous about the surgery - and I'll be glad when it is over.   I'm not sure how to send you a friend invite...but I'll try to figure it out.  I'll let you know who it goes next week. 

Teri Michelena

Most Active