Anybody had VBG to RYN revision

SHEILA4
on 2/2/11 7:47 am - NEWTON, TX
Anybody have the VBG to RYN revision lap. I had my VBG open and  my Surgeon is planning on doin the revision Lap. Was just wondering how long of a surgery am i lookin at. Any information appreciated...........Thanks and God Bless
JoanneK
on 2/2/11 7:51 am - CA
Me too.  I am thinking about a revision from a sleeve to a RNY but I don't know what a RYN revision lap is.  I will  be anxious to see what is posted.  Mine is because of diabetes and the complications I have with the medication.  Hope you get lots of replys!!
Bobbie D.
on 2/3/11 8:01 pm
Hi Sheila,

I had revision of VBG to RNY but it was open. My VBG had been open and my doctor chose to stay with open. He fixed my scar so it's alot nicer now so that was a plus. My surgery took 5.5 hours and he said that it had gone better than he had expected.

Good luck to you!!

Bobbie

SHEILA4
on 2/4/11 1:47 am - NEWTON, TX
Thanks so much for the information. My Dr still says he will be doin mine Lap. but there is a chance of to much scar tissue and will have to convert to open, Either way i am ready to start getting some of this weight  off and feeling better about myself. Big day will be Feb 24th so keep me in your prayers.
Bobbie D.
on 2/4/11 11:52 am
Prayers your way for a successful surgery and a quick recovery

Deb *.
on 2/4/11 3:20 am
I had a revision from VBG to RNY and was in the OR for about 5 hrs. My VBG was open and my RNY was lap.  That may be a bit longer than normal partially because I was over 500lbs when I had my revision.  The recovery for the RNY was much better than the VBG.

georgiabornpeach
on 2/6/11 4:22 am - Lake Park, GA
My VBG in '98 was open and I revised to RNY on 11/8/10, and it was lap....  I did spend more time in the OR than dr planned, but he was still able to do the surgery via the lap method....
SHEILA4
on 2/6/11 10:02 am - NEWTON, TX
Thanks so much Georgiabornpeach for the info thats what i was looking for.....Have u had any problems so far. I am very nervous i know there is a big difference in the surgeries. I worry about my vitamin intake and so forth. I am not a big meat eater at all and i have been diagnosed with animic and i know its because my iron levels are low. Have never been told that. Goin in on the 14th for my pre-op and blood work gonna talk to my Dr about my levels.
georgiabornpeach
on 2/6/11 10:44 pm - Lake Park, GA
The only problem I had was that one of my incisions became infected.  The doctor cut it open and done tests on it and packed it with dressing.  It healed up nicely and so far I have not had any other problems.  Hope this helps!
1drmom
on 2/6/11 11:58 pm - TX

Hi Sheila, I had a VBG back in '93 via open surgery.  Now I am scheduled for a revision to RNY on the 16th via Lap.  I am nervous too, but very excited to begin my new journey!  My Dr. told me that the surgery would take about 2 hours.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Good luck and God Bless! 

Teri Michelena

Most Active