I have been approved for my revision!

Sharon C.
on 2/2/11 11:11 am - Plano, TX
I am doing a happy dance today!  Thought it was just a bill from the Insurance company but nope it was a letter stating I have been approved for my revision!  So hopefully I will get a date soon.  First though I need to get this sore throat to go away that I noticed is sneaking up on me.  Between that and the ice storm of the century that ha**** north texas I am about to go nuts!   So here is hoping I can continue my journey soon!  Thanks!

~Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 11:53 am
Sharon C.
on 2/9/11 8:29 am - Plano, TX
Sammie,

As far as the codes, I am not familiar with those.  I would hope to think the doctors office should know what those are and familiar with what the insurance company would need.   I am so sorry to hear you having such problems.  Have you spoke to your doctors office about this and make sure they are using the right codes?  I will say an extra prayer for you this works out.   No problem about venting at all.  Thats why we are all here for each other.  Take care, Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 12:36 pm - CT
Hi Sharon,
   That is wounderful news,  YAY !!!  I'm in the beggining stages to look into haven a revision done myself.  I am from CT and had a Gastric Bypass 5 years ago Feb 10th.  I was woundering why is the reason for you to have the revision?  I lost 80 pounds the first year of my surgery,  I also got pregnant the first year as well.  I am up 60 pounds :O(  and am haven issues with my intestines feeling like they are knotting up when I slouch over or I bend over.  I just got a new referal to see my Gastroentonoligist who did my surgery.  I have not seen him since I had the surgery, due to my insurance not paying for after care.  I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear back from you.

~ Tara
Sharon C.
on 2/9/11 8:46 am - Plano, TX
Tara,

The reason why I am having a revision sounds similar.  I have a pressure on my left side that is constant.  He is going in and resecting my small intestine.  My stomach has not stretched like I guess he sees in alot of patients.  Guess I have been doing something right. ;-)  My surgery was about six years ago and lost around 150 lbs, but now have gained back about 30lbs.  I still have about a total of 90 lbs more to get to goal.  Then hopefully I can get a tummy tuck because its all hanging in the front and smiling if ya know what I mean. ;-)  I am blessed because my doctor always said if you ever have a problem or you dont think something is right to always give him a call.  I wish you luck in seeing your doctor again!  ~Sharon 
HillbillySue
on 2/2/11 4:02 pm
Hello Sharon, Glad to hear the good news! But I have a question are you scare of having the surgery done again and going thru the different stages? I am looking at having a revision done also. My first surgery rny was done in 2003 9 yrs ago and I lost 80lbs. I stop losing and I regain 20lbs back but I am still very overweight and I suffer from sleep apnea severely so I need the help. I keep wondering if I could lose the weight on my own, but I have tried and tried. I am all confused but I know that I need the help. If you can I would like to be a added as a friend and keep in touch, I am new to the group and I don't know anyone. Thanks alot and Good Luck!!
Sharon C.
on 2/9/11 8:57 am - Plano, TX

Sue,  Thanks!  I am not scared at all.  I am looking forward to it.  I have been lucky since I have been happy about my original and current decision.  The main issue I am having is that there is a pressure on my left side that is annoying.  I had my surgery back in 2005, lost 150lbs and gained back about 30lbs.  I did not ever get to goal and am ready to do so.  My surgeon has been doing gastric bypass for years and is an expert in his field.  I know I am in good hands.  I also have tried and tried to get the rest of the weight off however this pressure is really getting annoying.  My surgeon said its a safe surgery and that its done lap which means quick recovery and yes you have to go back through the stages but for the most part I have been good with the eating.   I would encourage you take an honest look as what you want, know this isnt the answer but the tool to help us achieve what we want and  make that appointment and discuss with your doctor what is best for you.  You sound like a good canidate.    I would be happy to have you as a friend and keep in touch!  Take care, Sharon

smileyjamie72
on 2/3/11 4:47 am - Palmer, AK

Congrats on the approval!!!!!

What are you revising your RNY to?

Good Luck!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

SHEILA4
on 2/4/11 11:46 am - NEWTON, TX

Congrates Sharon i also got my approval letter i will be having my surgery on Feb.24th. Let me know when your gonna be having urs. Hope soon.......Good Luck!!

Sharon C.
on 2/9/11 9:09 am - Plano, TX
Sheila,   I am so happy for you! I have my scheduled for the 21st!!!  I am so ready!   It will be a great week!  Keep in Touch! ~Sharon
Most Active