Has anyone NOT lost weight with a revision to DS?

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/11 11:03 pm - Hawkinsville, GA

Has there ever been anyone who had a revision from a vertical banded gastroplasty or any other type of WLS to a DS and did not lose very much weight or any at all?

airbender
on 1/31/11 10:12 am
there are no absolutes in medicine, yes I know someone *****vised to a DS only lost 10 lbs in 2 years, but that is unusual....
StacysMom
on 2/1/11 12:19 pm
 Did the person you know have the modern DS, where their RNY pouch was reconnected to the blind stomach and then the sleeve was cut away?  I ask this because a lot of people have doctors who tell them they're getting the DS, when the doctor doesn't redo the pouch and just shortens the common channel of the intestines to be more like the DS.  

I have been reading these boards for 4 years now and have NEVER read that someone revised to the modern DS and did not lose a significant amount of weight.   However, there are people who had some doctor's adaptation of the DS and didn't lose much.  I'm wondering if that was the case with the person you know?  If she still has a pouch - even if the doc removed the rest of the blind stomach, she doesn't have the modern DS.  She has something more like the BPD.
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 7:32 pm
I've lost weight, just not as much as I would have liked. I'm still trying to figure out the right balance of food and am limited with the exercises I can do. But I feel I need to exercise in order to get rid of the remaining pounds.

I've lost 75lbs. I had lost more, but my body keeps going up and down with the weight loss. I'm 2 years out and have had 3 weightloss surgeries, so that may have something to do with my not getting to goal.

After my knee surgery, I will add exercise back into the routine. I low carb and high protein. I'm basically maintaining the gain I had and am back in the 200's, unfortunately. My weight this AM was 213, which has been constant.

I need to drop back into the 190's and it will just take time. The DS doesn't stop working, I just need to work it more effectively. It's  a learning process. 

Everyone is different. This is just my story.

Dana
Most Active