Recovery time for Band to VSG revision?

time-4-change
on 1/29/11 11:57 pm

I have gotten my surgeon to agree to do my revision and remove my lipoma at the same time.  I am doing my research and have a few questions and I hope you can help.
1) What is the recovery time? 
2) What about lifting?  I have a 25 lb grandson that I lift all the time!
3) On another topic...since I am self pay...what happens if something goes wrong.  I would hate for us to lose the "farm" so to speak!
Guess that's all for now...all info is greatly appreciated! 

Duffy563
on 1/30/11 2:04 am - Nashville, TN
 I am about 9 weeks out from being sleeved. Great experience and no complications. I was back to work in about a week and a half. I have a desk job, so when I went back, it was pretty easy. However, for a couple weeks when I'd get home, I was pretty tired. After the first of the year, I felt back to 'normal'. Most likely b/c I was on regular food again. I was told not to lift anything greater than 25 lbs for 6 weeks. I was also self pay. The surgeon I went to uses the Bliss insurance 90 day plan. So if any complications arise w/i 90 days, its coverd. I have BCBS, so any problems after that would normally be covered under that. Best of luck with your surgery!
time-4-change
on 1/30/11 2:25 am
Thanks for the info!  I am in Nashville and Dr. Spaw will be doing my surgery.  I have an appointment to discuss everything with the doc on Wednesday.  I will ask about the Bliss Insurance. If I can get that worked out then I think I'll be good to go!  How long did you have your Band??? (I am assuming that you did have a band first)  How has your weight loss been since the sleeve?  Thanks again!
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/30/11 4:03 am - Mexico
Recovery is the same for a band. ;o)

Lifting, if you lift your grandson you risk an incisional hernia.

Self pay... I'd head to Mexico for surgery. Some seriously fantastic surgeons there. Actually, I DID head to MX. ;o) Revision from band to sleeve is $9500 I think.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
_rebecca
on 2/4/11 3:11 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
It really depends on what kind of work you do.  I am a teacher and I went back at two weeks.  It wasn't enough time for me.  I didn't have time to drink, got dehydrated and almost passed out at work.  Also, my pants rubbed one of my incisions open and I was in serious pain.  Since you are having a lipoma removed as well,  I would at least take off three weeks.  I wish you the best!  The sleeve is amazing!
Most Active